Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Weber or Suter would be the future also...
    • Freak
      Posted Dec 19, 2011 7:48 PM

Both guys are in their mid 20's, and you could see either one of them playing 10 years easily.

I just think true #1 dmen only become once every decade or so, and that is right now. We have the chance to pick up a guy who would be here a long time, and with Pronger going on LTIR, we can hopefully use his money towards it.

I don't want to gut the team, not at all. I feel we could send Carle the other way, Paul will throw in a #1, maybe 2 #1's. Hartnell would not be the piece, as he played there before, and was traded in part due his upcoming salary demands.

I don't want to trade JVR, but , and it would only apply to a select few, there are some I would be willing to trade for.

Most here have been calling for Carle to be gone for a while now. First round draft picks? what is that? Homer doesn't use them for much more than trading. So, a young forward...we have plenty, and I think we could get it done without moving JVR .

I don't think that is blowing up the team for a 25 year old defenceman who was the Norris runner up last year. The rewards would be huge.
      We have the cap space. We have the players. We have the picks......that is rare for us it seems when players like this could be traded for. It would be a franchise changing move, and it would make us better.
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement