Idahosummits 2005 Fall OutingSeptember 7 2005 at 12:02 PM
No score for this post
|Dan (no login)|
The second Idahosummits fall outing will be Saturday, September 17th. We will be attempting Devil's Bedstead East in the Pioneer mountains. DBE is a tough hike of 9 miles with over 5000' of elevation gain. Climbing is steep and on class 3 terrain. If you have a helmet, bring it in case we get in terrain where individuals climbing above you might initiate rockfall.
We will start the climb from the Boulder Creek trailhead at 7am on the 17th. You can meet the group at the trailhead or show up at the Wildhorse campground the night before (I plan on being at the campground in the early evening). The Wildhorse campground is within a mile of the trailhead. Each pre-outing camping event has been fun in the past, so try to plan for that if you can make it.
I've noticed a lot of new names on the board recently. If you are new to the board, please attend so we can put a face to your name.
There is a small fire in Wildhorse Canyon right now. If that fire is still burning at the time of the outing and our presence may interfere with fire fighting efforts; or if the area is extremely smoky, this hike will be moved somewhere else (probably to a peak in the Lost Rivers). That decision will be made within a few days of the outing.
- Who's going? - brendon on Sep 7, 2005, 4:54 PM
- Probably... - Sean on Sep 8, 2005, 9:32 PM
- What gives? - Anonymous on Sep 12, 2005, 9:51 AM
- route question - Michael on Sep 12, 2005, 7:22 PM
- I'm in.... - Eric Larsen on Sep 12, 2005, 10:07 PM
- Kevin is in and likely Dave - Dan on Sep 12, 2005, 11:14 PM
- Stream Crossing - brendon on Sep 14, 2005, 10:21 AM
- Guys... - O&B on Sep 14, 2005, 10:31 AM
- October - aaron on Sep 16, 2005, 8:42 AM
- Wildhorse fire - Anonymous on Aug 12, 2009, 11:01 AM