Return to Index  

Re: Tango Tango.

July 15 2009 at 8:22 AM
No score for this post
Jason  (Login 7C)

Response to Tango Tango.

The road up to Red Moutain is rough and long (15 miles if I remember right), but as long as you have a 4WD with high ground clearance, it should be OK. The road is gated off to trucks past CCP, but continues on to a mine on Red Mountain. Watch your timing since I have seen snowdrifts across this road as late as the 10th of July. As for the fishing, it depends upon the stocking cycle. I have hit and I have missed. Usually, these lakes don't get much pressure, so the fishing is good, however, the last time I was there we followed a troop of Boy Scouts and the fishing was not too hot. As for the stocking cycle, check with the F&G website to see when they were stocked. I believe they are listed as Hindman Lakes. The Hindman basin has quite a number of small lakes, but not all of them have fish.

Also, if you decide to stop and fish the Valley Creek Lakes along your way, be aware that these lakes are catch and release only.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses