Return to Index  

Agreed, but....

August 7 2009 at 9:30 AM
No score for this post
Rian  (Login rianlivingston)

Response to Start at Crimson Lake.

Regarding Crimson. It is a lovely lake. Beautiful setting and opportunities from there. Unfortunately, it appears almost overused and the campsites that surround the lake are hardened and dusty, replete with growing amounts of trash giant fire rings, and horse crap. I filled up two dinner backs with garbage to haul out. I fear this is mostly due to the good horsemen. Oh, and speaking of which, there was a dead horse in the fist campsite on the Eastern shore covered in a tarp. Isn't that nice. I don't mind hauling out some garbage to do my part.... but this was a bit much for my Granite Gear pack.

Fortunately, I believe most of us on here are responsible light treading folks. But the scars left by the horse packers, guides, and hunters at some of these more fragile destinations is a true shame.

As for Cabin Creek Peak. Well I sure didn't climb it. But looking at it from the ridge above Crimson it looks knarly and very technical. I'd say from the ridge one could climb up a significant ways mabye 1/3 scrambling. But after that was far beyond my skill set.

Cheers,

Rian

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message