Return to Index  

frostnip

October 15 2009 at 10:01 PM
No score for this post

mlsl  (Login mlsl)

Response to Summit Fever

Dave, I did switch gloves mid way up, on a micro break we took before sean's gully. Had toko artics on (this is a mid wt skate ski glove). Switched to my lobsters (split glove, also toko). I noticed when i switched my artics were damp and that surprised me.

I didn't have any peeling or anything you mention...just loss of feeling and tingling for two days. I wasn't even going to say anything about it because i had double carpal tunnel surgery last Jan/feb and the doc said i'd be vulnerable to cold for about a year until things fully healed. I thought it was a personal problem!! it was the wave of cold that overcame both hands which was bizarre...like a blanket. I suspect i was the only one who didn't have gloves on at the summit. it took forever to get organized because i was clumsy with the gloves, but then i was ready, they came off and i was photographing really fast, still i'd guess i was barehanded 3-4 minutes. I can't believe you guys sat up there and ate, maybe the wind was a little calmer when you were up there...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses