Return to Index  

Re: Watched again....

February 4 2010 at 2:57 PM
No score for this post
Jim C.  (Login Skibc)

Response to Re: Watched again....

When I stopped by the cabin in late June on my way to ski Leatherman, the cowboy who was living there for the summer had cleaned up the place nicely. He said the folks who lived there the previous summer had left lots of junk, most of which he'd taken away. He also said the forest service wanted to remove the cabin, so he was thinking if he cleaned it up they might reconsider that idea.

The trip shown in the BD video seems ill-conceived. I mean, who goes to wade around in 2 feet of facets int the Lost Rivers in the middle of winter when they could wait a couple months and have perfect, stable corn snow? The video or text mentions they were planning a return trip in the spring, but without another TR posted it seems like they didn't go. They also talked about first descents, but having just arrived on the scene, how do they know if a peak or gully had not been skied?

Anyway, it looks like another slow start to the snow season in the Lost Rivers. But I recall there was little snow there last year at this time, yet it dumped in March and April. So there's still hope for a decent spring season.....

Jim

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message