Return to Index  

a few partners needed for Tetons adventure

June 6 2012 at 4:37 PM
No score for this post
Jim P.  (Login mccallboater)

The plan :
Pilgrimage to the Tetons. Leave work a little early if you can and stay Friday night the 22nd of June and Saturday night the 23rd at the American Alpine club hut, or camp at the nearby campground. That Saturday, we get acclimated to each other, check the weather and together we accomplish something not too difficult. The rest of the week, backpack into the alpine as snow and weather allows and (hopefully) climb some classic mountaineering routes.
Late June Teton weather is usually great until the afternoon thunderstorm, so expect early starts, a few long days, and lots of evenings telling lies around camp stoves.
If you have climbing/mountaineering skills up to leading 5.7 or 5.8, that's a plus. But if you are expecting leading or following anything harder, it won't happen on this trip. We will route plan to a common denominator of participants' skills. I gave most of my trad rack to my daughter, but can bring the basics.
Be flexible with objectives, since Mother Nature will determine the optimum plan. People can join me for part or all of the trip.

I've got time off from 06/22/2012 - 07/04/2012, and hope to stay in the JH area for at least that first week. two 0 ate ate 6 nine to too eight four.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses