Return to Index  

Sat 6/16: Boise Mtns Ridge Traverse of 7 Highpoints, Including Cervidae

June 11 2012 at 6:42 PM
No score for this post
idpeakgirl  (no login)

I posted the following on idahomountainrec's website. Contact me if you would like to go. I hope to meet more of you in this group.

Join me for a day hike of 7 highpoints in 7 miles along the Boise Mountains ridgeline. We will meet up at the parking lot between Discovery Park and Sandy Point Beach at 8:30 am on Sat June 16. Carpool with two or three cars and drop one at base of Cervidae peak on Arrowrock Road. Continue up Hwy 21 to Dunnigan Creek Road, traveling to top of road as far as reasonable; 4WD may be required.

From here, well hike the Boise Mtns ridgeline, proceeding in a southwest direction, and summiting 7 highpoints, including the last one, Cervidae Peak http://www.summitpost.org/cervidae-peak/155243). The total hike is about 7 miles, with elevation gain of 1775 and loss of 3726 (about half of which is the descent of Cervidae to the car). There will be lots of ups and downs of a 100' or more, so this will be a good workout. Scenery abounds, and we may see lots of deer, so you may wish to bring your camera.

To do this strenuous hike, you must be in very good physical condition. Wear good hiking shoes/boots and short gaiters for cheatgrass. Items to have on hand include sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, lunch, snacks and plenty of water, personal first aid kit, insulating layer, and rain/wind jacket/pants. Deborah will bring maps and GPS with waypoints. Pace will be moderate. Limit 6. Contact Deborah by Thursday at noon if interested at idpeakgirly at hotmail.com.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• TR? - Anonymous on Jun 17, 2012, 6:00 AM
    • TR - idpeakgirl on Jun 17, 2012, 8:17 PM