Return to Index  

E Fk Pah Triple TR

September 22 2012 at 8:10 PM
No score for this post

Geo  (Login George_R)

Catching up on some overdue TR's...

It had been too long since the R & R Climbing Team had a nice, relaxing car-camping trip, so John R & I loaded up the truck, strapped down the load, and headed for the East Fork of the Pahsimeroi on Friday, 8/17. Smoke conditions varied on the drive from having dull headaches across Trail Ck, to almost clear skies after we crossed over Horseheaven Pass. It was "5 o'clock" when we got to the Cowboy Shack:
[linked image]

Our main objective was Triple Peak, which we circumnavigated last year as part of Team GeoJoPa from Dry Ck ...via Peak 11100. Triple, above and to the right of the gazebo in the distance:
[linked image]

Saturday morning we packed all the gear we had, not being certain what to expect (fortunately we don't have a lot of gear), and climbed following Tom's ramp-keyhole-ledge route.

Ramp (just right of ridgeline at summit block):
[linked image]

Keyhole:
[linked image]

Dirt wall to Ledge:
[linked image]

Ledge - I chopped off most of the ledge ...trust me happy.gif, it's a "wide" ledge:
[linked image]

Top:
[linked image]

Somewhere thereafter, John announced that he had to be back in civilization by 5pm on Monday, and we had two more peaks on the agenda ...so, we rolled out of our cots early Sunday morning (well, early for us anyway) and began making our way through thickening smoke (after we had our coffee) to the SW Face of Mount Corruption to position ourselves for a lovely scree slog. Somehow, we managed to find enough stable footing to make it up above the cliff bands and to the top.
[linked image] [linked image]

We spied some looser looking scree from the summit (it's not hard to find there) and scree-skied our way down the mountain almost to the trees ...causing further "erosion and ruin[ing] the slopes for real mountaineers!" wink.gif
[linked image]

After descending, we returned to camp to re-fuel, re-load, cool off the feet, and ...relax a bit, before attempting Little Regret (Peak 11090).
[linked image]

We left camp about 2pm and made our way up the forested approach to the Lil Regret drainage, following RB's Helen Hunt route. As we approached the 10,000' kettle a couple of hours later, a cool and welcomed drizzle began to fall.
[linked image]

As we summited, the cool drizzle had turned into an unwelcomed, ice cold, wind-whipped, horizontal downpour. We didn't stay on top long.
[linked image] [linked image]

The cirque south of Lil Regret is an amazing place. Lighting and weather conditions weren't good for picture taking when we were there ...not sure if it could be completely captured with a camera, but I'd highly recommend seeing it for yourself.

slideshow_icon.jpg

-George

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses