Return to Index  

Castle Peak->Mt Andrus?

September 29 2017 at 6:03 PM
No score for this post
Guy  (Login elcy79.gp)

Response to Andrus saved the White Clouds from mining!

When I first moved to Idaho 24 years ago from Colorado, Cecil Andrus was governor, so I remember that time well.
I was also very impressed with how he got things done especially since he was leaning left and many of the legislators
where..well..not.

I wrote a letter to Representative Simpson some weeks back explaining how many of us appreciated Governor Andrus and thought a
peak in the White Clouds with his name on it would a worthy tribute. I thought getting Castle Peak renamed would be deserving
of a man who did so much for the White Clouds. Of course this takes quite a bit more effort than just getting an unnamed peak
named for someone but it was done last year when Harney Peak in South Dakota was renamed to Black Elk Peak.

Well, I got a call today from Rep Simpsons staffer today saying Simpson felt the same way and his office will be proposing
this in Congress sometime in the near future. He did warn however, that getting an already named peak especially in a wilderness
will literally take an act of Congress so to be patient. It could take up to a year. He also mentioned that they are trying to do this quietly in the background.

Hope for the best.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses