Return to Index  

Trail Creek Ice report (and orienteering comment)

November 12 2017 at 5:33 PM
No score for this post
Tod  (Login tgunter)

Just a heads up for anyone planning to hit the Trail Creek ice this year. DOT got serious about blocking the road this year and put up concrete dividers all the way across the road. No driving around as in the past. The barrier is about 100 yards up the start of the climb at the first pullout. It's going to make approaches a bit longer.

I walked up to look at Rock Roll canyon and it took me twenty minutes or so to get to the pull out you used to drive to. Not too bad but the steeper flows further up canyon are going to take some serious work to get to. First pitch of Rock Roll is formed but the rest looks either really thin or non-existent.

On another note, since climbing was out, I entered my first orienteering event this morning and I really enjoyed it. Kind of like running around and playing hide and seek. It was sponsored by the Community School and it was great seeing kids out in the woods using old school tech. I hear Boise has a pretty strong orienteering community...anybody here familiar with it?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses