Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • You're not crazy
    • Anonymous (Login tewfat)
      Posted Oct 25, 2008 4:13 AM

Two and a half years ago I looked in the mirror and admitted to myself that I was not in the shape I wanted to be in as my 30th birthday rolled around, which was about 6 months from that time. I decided to set a goal to climb Borah before my 30th. I hooked up with a buddy that has done quite a bit of climbing and he agreed to show me the ropes and accompany me on my quest.
      We did some smaller stuff around the Pocatello area so that I could prove to him that I could actually take care of myself in the hills. I also got serious about a diet and some exercise.
      The one stipulation my buddy put on the Borah hike was that we did Diamond first, and I'm so glad we did. It was a fun hike that gave me the right mixture of grunt and spooky. His reasoning with the Diamond hike first was that so many people go trudge up Borah just so they can say they've done it and in the process they push themselves so hard they burn out and never return to another big peak.
      Well, on the Diamond hike I set the goal of climbing all the 12ers. Because of work and a young family I don't have the time to bang em all out through the course of a summer so I decided to just do one or two a year until I get them all done. This year I got Leatherman. Next year will be something else.
      This goal has changed my life. Get after it and it will change yours as well. I've still got six left and you'd be more than welcome to come along.
      TEWFAT
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)