<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lost Mind Peak (11,458')

August 2 2011 at 10:28 PM
No score for this post
Geo  (no login)

John & I climbed peak 11,458' from the south last Sunday. It was a long day.

From the road
IMG_0460.jpg

Hecklers along the way
IMG_0426.jpg

Summit cairn left by Ferguson & Grantham, and part of their route from the summit
IMG_0413.jpg IMG_0418.jpg

Victory shot with Glassford in the background
IMG_0416.jpg

John exiting
IMG_0425.jpg

I just love car camping
IMG_0437.jpg

-George

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Luddite
(Login KingLudd)

Re: Lost Mind Peak (11,458')

No score for this post
August 3 2011, 8:06 AM 

Great work! Looks like the weather Gods were kind to you. How was the road up Pass Creek? I don't see any Spam roasting over the fire in the last picture. What's up with that? happy.gif

Geo
(no login)

Re: Lost Mind Peak (11,458')

No score for this post
August 3 2011, 9:32 AM 

We were talking about the W Pass Ck road conditions on the drive out and came to the conclusion that it must have deteriorated since Splattski drove his Suby in (http://www.splattski.com/2007/fourth/index.html). A high clearance 2WD would have no problems, but there are a couple of berms at small creeks crossing the road that may bottom a Suby out now ...bring a shovel.

The weather cooperated Sunday, but we had to back off Glassford at the saddle due to lightning on Monday.

We went with the "B" menu on this trip; burgers, brats & baby backs. I'll pencil in Spam & eggs for a last day breakfast on the next car camping trip, or maybe corned beef hash & eggs. Too bad they don't make Spam hash. happy.gif

-George

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index