<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

North Face of Borah

October 9 2012 at 12:31 PM
No score for this post
Bob  (no login)

Wes took the trouble to drive up and shoot this photo for me on Sunday. Since it came from such a nice guy (who was packing a big fancy Nikon camera) I won't comment on the quality...

For all of the heat we had this year I was surprised at how much cover is still left up there. If anyone is thinking about a north face ascent this fall before it gets all whited out, I'd say get going ASAP.

Bob

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
splattski
(no login)

Re: North Face of Borah

No score for this post
October 9 2012, 1:41 PM 

I could see it out the window of my plane on Sunday.
The terrain here in Wisconsin is a little flatter.... sigh

Kevin Hansen
(no login)

I'm down, if...

No score for this post
October 10 2012, 12:24 PM 

I would just stop barfing! Three days of laughing at the ground evr since I got off the Elephants Perch. My kids have it too..
But this down time is nice.. I've lost 30 pounds since May, and I've watched more Hitchcock this week then in the last 2 years combined.
Cory, or Jacob, you down for NF of Borah?

(Login CoryHarelson)

Looks fun, but . . .

No score for this post
October 10 2012, 2:15 PM 

Somehow my weekends have managed to fill up all the way into the first part of November. Looks like I'll have to skip the alpine ice and wait for the waterfalls to freeze sad.gif

I climbed NF of Borah in August and the upper couloir was all ice, but the lower face was still neve. It would be great if you could get it with ice bottom to top!

Jacob
(no login)

Kevin

No score for this post
October 10 2012, 3:43 PM 

Hey Kevin, im busy this weekend, maybe next weekend if your up for it and the weather holds.

Jacob

(no login)

Going Up

No score for this post
October 10 2012, 11:34 PM 

Me and some friend are planning to drive down from Moscow, ID on the 19th and do the face on Saturday the 20th.
Your welcome to tag along if you have your own gear. Its kind of my fault I started the inquired about the face on SummitPost.org and this picture came because of that. It looks like we might get a little bit of new snow on Monday but I don't think it will be substantial besides it only 30%. See you on the North Face maybe!!!

Bob
(no login)

What?

No score for this post
October 11 2012, 7:58 AM 

Hey man you don't have to apologize for wanting good beta around here. Heck, most of us would beg, borrow and steal to get what we need to prep for a new climb. I kept a close eye on Cory, Wes and Kevin last weekend in case they decided to hide my coffee to get me to talk beta. (But they know me too well and giving me coffee is the way to get what they want and maybe a little bit more.) happy.gif

Bob

kevinhansen
(no login)

no NFB this weekend

No score for this post
October 17 2012, 8:27 PM 

NOAA says the weather for the LRR isn't good. BUT it's great for growing ice.
Ralph or Cory! You up for psyco therapy with me next weekend?
Kevin

(Login CoryHarelson)

Doh!

No score for this post
October 18 2012, 1:54 PM 

Dang, sounds awesome, but I've got a Halloween party to go to with the MRS Saturday night. Something tells me that we won't be down in time for me to make the 4 hour drive back to Boise in time... unless we start SUPER early, do the approach in the dark, bang out the climb, and get back to our cars by 1pm-ish?

I think that may be too ambitious, and my wife would kill me if I'm not back in time sad.gif

Current Topic - North Face of Borah
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index