February 14 2017 at 7:39 AM
No score for this post

splattski  (Login splattski)

I'm not sure who will have access to the FB link below. So here's the scoop:

Saturday, March 4
11am- 2pm
Idaho State Capitol

Public Lands Rally
Come show your support for public lands! Calling all Idahoans who love their public lands, let's rally in support to show our state and federal leaders that public lands belong to everyone.

Idaho's national forests and public lands are treasures that belong to all Idahoans and all Americans. Some Idaho politicians want to ignore that fact. Today, Idaho politicians are making a grab to control and sell off Idaho's most treasured landscapes. Idaho's public lands —Hells Canyon, the Sawtooths, the Frank Church or Selway-Bitterrot Wilderness Areas — are not for sale.

Idahoans do not want to see our public lands auctioned off to the highest bidder. These are YOUR lands. Don't let politicians make a grab for them.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1368950503179115/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ray Brooks
(no login)

I'm in!

No score for this post
February 14 2017, 12:32 PM 

Unless I'm still in the Southwest.

I have not joined in a group march since Nixon invaded Cambodia.

Anonymous
(no login)

bump

No score for this post
February 24 2017, 7:14 PM 

Ray Brooks
(no login)

When did a group of climbers last march for their cause!

No score for this post
February 25 2017, 6:28 PM 

I'm making a point of being there for the march, with as many friends as I can convince to attend.

Anyone that cares about keeping OUR access to OUR public lands, should be there.

Please speak up?

Helen
(Login HelenBoise)

I'll be there, in my harness and gear!

No score for this post
February 26 2017, 9:47 AM 

But maybe not the climbing shoes...

It would be great if a raft company hauled a rig in, kayaks, skiers, llamas??!? And yes, hunters and cattlemen. He's over in Oregon, but my beloved grazed beef would not be possible without grazing on public lands.

The current users need to stick together on this one, lest the whole works be lost.

Helen

John F
(no login)

Meet up

No score for this post
February 28 2017, 1:35 PM 

John, any ideas on having a meeting time/place before the rally? I know it's pretty easy for you to plan a meeting in Boise while in McCall, so...

John

splattski
(Login splattski)

Re: Meet up

No score for this post
February 28 2017, 2:23 PM 

How does this sound: Boise High parking lot @ quarter to 11?

And I think Dan wants us all to wear our IdahoSummits shirts wink.gif

Dan
(Premier Login bigdan_boise)
Owner

No score for this post
February 28 2017, 2:28 PM 

LOL. Yes, all 4 of you that bought Idahosummits shirts, please wear those!

michael
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2017, 8:30 AM 

next to the track?

splattski
(Login splattski)

No score for this post
March 1 2017, 1:30 PM 

Yes, NE corner there is a parking area. And along the street, too.

Dan
(Premier Login bigdan_boise)
Owner

Re: Public Lands Rally- March 4 in Boise

No score for this post
February 28 2017, 2:27 PM 

Unfortunately, I have a previous commitment out of state and can't be there. I appreciate all of you being down there and representing!

Helen
(Login HelenBoise)

Harness?

No score for this post
March 1 2017, 9:19 AM 

I wasn't entirely joking. It would make a good visual for outdoor recreating, especially hanging on an old lady. Yes? No?

Helen

splattski
(Login splattski)

Re: Harness?

No score for this post
March 1 2017, 6:12 PM 

Helen, you should express yourself how you want.
But sorry, I won't be wearing a harness.

Ray Brooks
(no login)

Snowing in the mountains - Join in the Demonstration

No score for this post
March 2 2017, 9:44 AM 

The forecast is snow in the mountains & rain in the valley this weekend. It makes sense to attend the demonstration & help send a message to our mis-guided legislators & Congressmen.

Here's the latest Idaho Senate land-grab bill news:

"The Idaho Wildlife Federation, Trout Unlimited and landowner Erik Cetovick said Monday that Senate Bill 1065 in the Idaho Legislature could end up locking the public out of lands they have hunted and fished for generations. The bill also tips lawmakers’ hand in showing that the goal of taking over public lands is to sell them to private parties, dismantling Idahoans’ public-lands heritage, they added."
http://www.ourpubliclands.org/

I don't own any camo, so I'll be wearing my blaze-orange long-sleeve bird-hunting top. See you at the Boise High parking lot.

splattski
(Login splattski)

TOMORROW

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 6:44 AM 

This is TOMORROW.

Hope to see lots of folks there!

Bob
(Login reboyles)

Public Lands Rally- March 4 in Boise

No score for this post
March 4 2017, 2:50 PM 

I was hoping for something like the Viet Nam protest in Washington DC with a quarter million people but alas, this is Boise. But, considering the weather there was a pretty good turn out. And what was really cool is that it united a bunch of people who wouldn't normally get together for a cause.

From the back, left to right. Splattski (Sr), Little Bob (orange hat), Splattski (Jr), and Michael, the human mountain goat.
[linked image]

Rally on!
[linked image]

Ray Brooks
(no login)

A great Public Lands Rally.

No score for this post
March 4 2017, 5:42 PM 

Bob: We were looking for Splattski & Mrs. Splattski with hopes of meeting more of the group, but we got there around 10:30 & were up next to the steps. Here's a view of part of the crowd from a little way up the steps.

Big thanks to all that attended & made their voices heard for keeping OUR public lands as OUR public lands.

20170304_110007

I'm in orange holding my sign, next to Chris & Jill from Idaho Mountain Touring, in this photo.

20170304_105928

Helen
(Login HelenBoise)

And my hand...

No score for this post
March 4 2017, 9:12 PM 

...next to the "human mountain goat".

It was nice to meet a few of you, for a few minutes before I turned around and lost everyone! happy.gif

Ray, sorry I didn't get to meet you this time. I really enjoy all the mining and other history you share!

Helen

Bob
(Login reboyles)

Did you notice...

No score for this post
March 5 2017, 7:27 AM 

Any of our local politicians at the rally? Hmmm... it's not an election year so I guess they don't need our votes anymore.

Helen
(Login HelenBoise)

John Gannon

No score for this post
March 5 2017, 8:32 AM 

Was there. Chatted with him for quite a bit as it was closing down. He's working on the fight with ACHD over snow removal. I had a lovely pic of the Orchard Street sidewalk he asked for.

He asked if I saw Sue Chew or Maryanne anywhere, so I think he expected them, although I didn't see them.

No others, as far as I know. With the legislators not even there.....?

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index