<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2017 Fall Outing Announcement

August 18 2017 at 3:34 PM
No score for this post

Dan  (Premier Login bigdan_boise)
Owner

The selection committee rejected my peak selection and selected Imogene Peak in the Sawtooths for the fall outing. It is a good choice and should be fun.

Below are the details for the ISFO. As usual, we will plan on camping at Pettit Lake the night before. Also as usual, all are invited.

Date: Saturday, September 30th
Time: Approximately 8am
Peak: Imogene Peak
Elevation: 10125’
Range: Sawtooths
Mileage: 7 miles roundtrip
Elevation Gain: 3100 feet
Route: East Ridge
Difficulty: Class 3
Vehicle Access: High clearance (or get in with someone else with clearance)
Camping: Pettit Lake

Driving Directions:
From Pettit Lake we will drive the road to Yellow Belly Lake. The hike starts at the Yellow Belly Lake trailhead.

Disclaimers:
1. If we get close to the date and rain/snow/smoke are in the forecast, the date may need to be moved to accommodate.
2. This is a group hike and I will be there to assist, however, you are responsible for your own safety and equipment.

This message has been edited by bigdan_boise on Sep 21, 2017 4:44 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim P.
(Login mccallboater)

At last one I can attend!

No score for this post
August 21 2017, 4:19 PM 

I'm writing this from Petit lake right now. A great place to watch the eclipse.
===============================================
Ski, climb, kayak. Repeat.

Matt
(Login mtybumpo)

Wish I could go!

No score for this post
August 21 2017, 10:06 PM 

I'll be in Seattle that weekend though having other adventures. Imogene sounds awesome though!

Rodolfo
(Login rodolfoj)

Cool, we will be there

No score for this post
August 24 2017, 9:19 PM 

I can make it this time. And my wife wants to join to say goodbye to Stanley for the year. She is not very interested in the climb, though.

Great choice of peak, as far as I'm concerned.

Tory
(no login)

Can't make it

No score for this post
August 31 2017, 10:15 AM 

Mark & won't be able to make it....we will either be waiting for a very belated baby to arrive (and the midwife would not be happy that we traveled)or we will have a daughter too young to make the trip, and we will probably be too tired to climb a mountain. happy.gif

Dan
(Premier Login bigdan_boise)
Owner

Excuse

No score for this post
August 31 2017, 11:14 AM 

an-old-excuse-but-it-checks-out.jpg
We shall have a drink for you either way and hope to see you in the spring happy.gif

Tom
(Login DrGranola)

Re: Can't make it

No score for this post
August 31 2017, 1:41 PM 

Same here, only we'll be tired from a football show on Friday. wink.gif Close to home is always a plus! I think I may have just lost a bet to Josh though. Pretty sure I said you'd pick another obscure peak in the Lemhi's.

Bob
(Login reboyles)

What color...

No score for this post
September 16 2017, 9:28 AM 

Dan
(no login)

Re: What color...

No score for this post
September 16 2017, 10:28 AM 

As long as that next day on the forecast says "sunny", a couple of inches of snow won't stop this crew.

Al West, DBE, Little Kane... snow is almost a tradition for the fall outing.

Anonymous
(no login)

Perspective

No score for this post
September 17 2017, 8:38 AM 

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Dan
Owner

Fall Outing Postponed to September 30th

No score for this post
September 18 2017, 1:06 PM 

I've been studying the forecast. It keeps getting worse. I know we could push on with the trip and likely even summit. However, it is going to be cold as &^%$, the rocks slippery, and the camping/hanging out too cold to enjoy.

However, starting Sunday, a high pressure system is supposed to build back into Idaho. In the words of the meteorologist... "The pattern shifts to a high amplitude upper level ridge beginning Sunday bringing in drier conditions and temperatures near normal for next week."

Based on all of that, I am moving the fall outing to September 30th. Hopefully the weather forecast holds for the 30th, the snow melts, and we get better camping weather. Don't worry, it's a BSU bye week. Sorry for the hassle.

splattski
(Login splattski)

Good call

No score for this post
September 18 2017, 3:43 PM 

No apologies needed.
We're only joking when we say we expect you to control the weather.
At least I am. wink.gif

John F.
(no login)

Re: Fall Outing Postponed to September 30th

No score for this post
September 20 2017, 9:56 AM 

We are in.

Anonymous
(no login)

Smart Move

No score for this post
September 20 2017, 10:18 AM 

It actually works out perfectly. The rain and snow put out the fires. You swoop in a week later after the snow is gone and the skies are blue. Well played. Now do it next year WITHOUT having to move the date..... hehehehe!!!

bea
(no login)

day for hike is Sat or Sun?

No score for this post
September 26 2017, 7:17 AM 

Are you only camping Saturday night and then summit on Sunday?

Dan
Owner

Re: day for hike is Sat or Sun?

No score for this post
September 26 2017, 1:22 PM 

Camping is Friday night, the hike is Saturday. Well, you can camp Saturday too if you want happy.gif

Joey
(Login jterra)

Fall outing

No score for this post
September 24 2017, 9:30 AM 

Are you guys planing on camping at the pay campground at pettit?

Dan
Owner

Yes

No score for this post
September 25 2017, 8:27 AM 

I don't THINK they collect a fee since it is off-season though.

Anonymous
(no login)

Roll Call

No score for this post
September 25 2017, 2:12 PM 

Sounds like John and spouse are in. Dan (and spouse I assume?).

Any other people? This could be a small group.

I'm on the fence pending more snow intel and seeing if more people are coming.

Dan
Owner

7 so far...

No score for this post
September 25 2017, 4:44 PM 

John/Tam
Dan/Carrie
Steve/Margo
Bruce

There are likely more, but those 7 have confirmed.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index