<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Amazing shot from Borah (not mine)

August 27 2017 at 7:41 PM
No score for this post
Rodolfo  (Login rodolfoj)

Perhaps you can recognize the viewpoint, somewhere below the summit.

(source:https://www.reddit.com/r/space/comments/6wdbjx/this_is_what_the_highest_point_in_the_path_of/)

41cdpyttabiz.jpg

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bob
(Login reboyles)

Upper Saddle

No score for this post
August 28 2017, 11:31 AM 

Yes, that is an amazing shot. The photo was taken from what I call the "biv spot" and sits directly below the summit pyramid at the end of the upper saddle. It is the most protected place on the SW ridge to sit out a late night on the mountain or a lightning storm. It is also used quite often as a "break" spot because it sits slightly off the top of the ridge, out of sight. I can only imagine what the place smells like right now. Blue bags on Borah might be a hard sell to some people.

Equally amazing is the amount of snow left in the range. I haven't seen the North Face of Sac hold snow in late August but once or twice in the last couple of decades. The same goes for the biv site and Mt Idaho in the background. I imagine the North Face of Borah is going to be in really good shape this fall.

Bob

Dan
(Premier Login bigdan_boise)
Owner

Amazing photo!

No score for this post
August 28 2017, 3:08 PM 

Makes for a very very cool smartphone background too!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index