<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Guess This Mountain "A New Beginning"

January 19 2018 at 4:38 PM
No score for this post
Russ D.  (no login)

The big one in the back.
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom Lopez
(no login)

I am going to need a hint.

No score for this post
January 21 2018, 12:05 PM 

Ray Brooks
(no login)

Suddenly, Inspiration strikes & I'm not drinking!

No score for this post
January 21 2018, 4:03 PM 

Hawley Mt. on the west side of Little Lost River, from Pass Creek?

Russ D.
(no login)

Sorry Ray not Hawley. Tom, Here's a hint.

No score for this post
January 22 2018, 9:05 AM 

It's not in Tom's book or mentioned on the "Idaho a Climbing Guide" website (as far as I can tell). It's not mentioned (at least directly) in Splattski.com either, nor here on Idahosummits. It is in plain sight and I wonder why it has not garnered more interest since it is an imposing looking peak. Final hint: This picture was taken when we came to a closed gate. There were numerous mules and horses lounging around on the road and in front of the gate since apparently an outfitter lives nearby.

splattski
(Login splattski)

Re: Sorry Ray not Hawley. Tom, Here's a hint.

No score for this post
January 22 2018, 7:32 PM 

I'm thinking something up by Challis?

Russ D.
(no login)

Yes, near Challis.

No score for this post
January 23 2018, 8:53 AM 

splattski
(Login splattski)

Lone Pine

No score for this post
January 23 2018, 4:23 PM 

Russ D.
(no login)

Not Lone Pine

No score for this post
January 23 2018, 9:43 PM 

Dan
(Premier Login bigdan_boise)
Owner

Germer?

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 9:06 AM 

Russ D.
(no login)

Not Germer

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 9:22 AM 

Never heard of Germer until now. Learned something new!

Mark
(no login)

I thought it was Bear Mountain Lemhis

No score for this post
January 22 2018, 8:14 PM 

but that would not satisfy the hint of not on Splattski's website.

Russ D.
(no login)

Hint #2 "Cross the river to the other side"

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 9:34 AM 

To quote Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.

Joey
(Login jterra)

Southern Beaverheads Heart Mtn?

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 10:17 AM 

Russ D.
(no login)

Not Heart Mountain

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 12:05 PM 

Russ D.
(no login)

Hint #3 Another view

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 12:14 PM 

The mountain in question is on the far horizon at the center of the picture.

[linked image]

Russ D.
(no login)

A Bigger View

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 1:22 PM 

[linked image]

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: A Bigger View

No score for this post
January 25 2018, 10:43 AM 

View NNW to Twin Peak South el 10340', Salmon River Mountains.
Photo taken from below summit 'Spruce Mountain' 9212', which can be accessed from mining trails in the Bayhorse Lakes area.
Framing the photo on left is 'Buster Peak' 9338' with its impressive quartzite cliff face. On right is forested flank of 'Bruno Peak' 9666'.

Please make corrections and describe your outing because the near distance talus field doesn't seem to fit in. Thanks happy.gif

Your lead in photo looks like part of White Mountain 10442' as seen from the Bear Creek Road just before the ranch crossing.

Russ D.
(no login)

I am forced agree with you. I was doubly wrong. I was thinking both ...

No score for this post
January 25 2018, 11:42 AM 

were of the same mountain. Although the perspective of the second is not from "Spruce Mountain," but rather from the top of 9176 north of Bayhorse Lakes (which probably makes little difference). I erred in my memories on the first photo. Did a lot of looking at the map and really thought it was Corkscrew mountain. You obviously know this country well so I defer to your knowledge, My apologies for leading everyone on a wild goose chase, about it not being in Tom's book or Splattski's blog (which Corkscrew isn't). At least I was right about it being in the Salmon River Mountains--and in Idaho. Now how do we prove who Anonymous is to place the winner's trophy in his/her hand?

Tom Lopez
(no login)

Peak 10420 east off Straight Shot?

No score for this post
January 25 2018, 7:02 AM 

Russ D.
(no login)

No, not 10420. This peak is in the Salmon River Range

No score for this post
January 25 2018, 8:18 AM 

Sorry that my pictures and hints are so vague.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index