I believe it is

by Aoife

My highest FSH was 21 but I do recall the doctor telling me that the best range was below 10. This measure however was more important for to those who wanted to go the IVF route because the problem is that stimulation drugs don't work so well if you have a measure higher than 10 and it means that if you go this route then you are likely to produce fewer eggs at retrieval. I did two IVF sessions, the first resulted in 4 eggs retrieved, of which two fertilised. The second only produced two eggs of which only one fertilised. Nonetheless I did get pregnant with the first IVF session (when I was 38yrs old) but unfortunately ended in m/c. Later I was waiting to do a third IVF when I found out I was pregnant naturally - I was then 39yrs old. I now have a wonderful baby boy and am blessed with him.

So in a nutshell I would say that 14.1 is not a bad result in terms of your ability to conceive, for example it proves you have not started menoupause etc, but it is not good for the best ivf chances. On the other hand, age will soon start to play a factor also and so, from my years of trying to concieve and learning all about high fsh and fertility isses, then it is better to go for the ivf sooner rather than later.

Posted on Jun 2, 2007, 5:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. what about a 59!!. , Sep 23, 2008
  2. what about a 59!!. , Sep 23, 2008
  3. what about a 59!!. , Sep 23, 2008

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement