Return  

Heart Problem

December 30 2015 at 7:10 PM
Cliff  (no login)

Response to heart problem

Hi Sasa,
Without knowing your entire Etiology. Other than the 'Paroxymal Tachcardia's/Extrasystoles which you have been diagnosed with. I will attempt to choose my words wisely.

Being a Heart Patient myself, I can fully understand your concerns and stress that accompanies it. Actually, (Extrasystoles) is the issues presented when your Heart Rate seems to 'Hesitate/Lapse/and even briefly stop.

Usually your electrical activity begins from your SA Node, thus sending electrical impulses to your AV Node and Ventricles. You may occasionally experience PVC'S (Pre-mature Ventricular Contractions)

This is where your D/X of Paroxymal Tachycardia comes in. Which can be related to Sinus Tachy,Atrial Fibrillation,Ventricular Tachy,Super Ventricular Tachy,Ventricular Tachycardia, and Ventricular Fibrillation.

I indeed agree that you need to have a full Cardiac work-up. Dependent upon the regularity of your episodes,it may warrant you being prescribed (Coumadin/Warfarin) or basically a blood thinner.

If it is any consolation,(although you have to wait a 'Ridiculously long time' Seeing a Electrophysiologist and quite possibly (Mapping) your heart will and can help determine the actual cause of your symptons.

You mentioned you were prescribed (Helex)which has the active ingredients of (Alprazolam) which is 'Generic' for Xanex here in the States. The dosage 0.250 is a small dose, and if it helps you calm down and assists in preventing your 'Panic Attacks' I see no reason to be concerned in taking it. Of course that is for your Cardiologist/Doctor to decide.

I am Heart Patient myself with a 'Laundry List' of Heart Issues. To include Wide Complex Tachycardias,both Atrial/Ventricular related. Simply try to relax (Easier said than done)I know.

You mentioned that your Heart is structurely sound,your blood work-up is normal, and no sign of Electrolyte abnormalities. So that is a good thing.

I would also ask your Cardiologist what your Ejection Fraction is,and if performing a 'MUGA' (Multi-Gated Aqusition Test) Sestambi Nuclear would be beneficial.

During the Interim, Stay calm/Positive and as I have been saying since 2003..."Keep On ! Keeping On ! "

Take care, and I will periodically check back in and respond if necessary.

All the very Best
Cliff

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on CardiovascularCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Go Back to Forum Home Page !
From a confidentiality point of view, please keep in mind that you are posting on a (World Wide Website) WWW Site. For more information, please see the HONCode information on our Index (Home Page).