Return  

Atrial Fibrillation

March 6 2016 at 12:32 AM
Cliff  (no login)

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/heart/disorders/arrhythmia/atrial-fibrillation-afib

Hello everyone,

I am uncertain if the Forum still permits a 'Hyperlink' to be added as above. Should it indeed be the case it does not,simply google A-Fib and go to a reputable Site such as Cleveland Clinic/Mayo Clinic.

Paroxymal A-fib is least problematic,while 'Persistent/Chronic' A-fib can lead to a Stroke/Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack) or more serious Tachycardias such as V-Tach/V-Fib.

The first priority is to return your heart rate to some normalcy.This can be done by prescribed medicine,cardioversion/ICD. I recommend discussing with your Cardiologist/Electrphysiologist being placed on anti-coagulants (Coumadin/Warfarin) to help reduce the possibility of stroke.

One may be placed on Anti-Arrythmia medications as well.As you very well know,I run the 'Gammit',if you will in regards to the various Heart Rhythm Disorders.

It is rather late and I will be back to give the time this Topic deserves. I think of you all often..it is good to hear from you all.

Until I get back...

Keep On! Keeping On !

Hugs,
Cliff P.S. Nancy/Judy are your email addresses still the same?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on CardiovascularCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Go Back to Forum Home Page !
From a confidentiality point of view, please keep in mind that you are posting on a (World Wide Website) WWW Site. For more information, please see the HONCode information on our Index (Home Page).