Return  

CRT Device

October 24 2016 at 6:25 PM
cliff  (no login)

Response to CRT device

Hi Julie !,
Yes dear there was a re-call back in 2007 on a lot of Medical Devices,especially 'Guidant' whom eventually ended up in court.Of course their issues involved both the (Leads) and the (Battery Depletion)

Replacing the Battery/Device itself is rather routine. It becomes more complicated when having the (Leads) replaced. I am on my (5th) one now. The latest being a Medtronic Protecta XT CRT (4)Lead Defibrillator.

I also have a 'Home Monitoring' system. In addition when your device reaches a certain specification, generally you have up to 3 months left to replace it.

I would not be too concerned about the procedure in itself. However the sooner the better in scheduling the procedure, would be in your best interests.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents..Give everyone my best :)

Hugs,
Cliff

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on CardiovascularCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Go Back to Forum Home Page !
From a confidentiality point of view, please keep in mind that you are posting on a (World Wide Website) WWW Site. For more information, please see the HONCode information on our Index (Home Page).