Respond to this messageReturn
Original Message
  • Janice....
    • Cliff (no login)
      Posted Jan 26, 2012 11:13 AM

I hope that your "MRI" reveals good results today. And your Cardiac function is more clearly defined. I have never placed much confidence in "Echocardiograms" As those tests basically reveal a "Broad interpretation" of what could be.

The Gold Standard in my opinion, especially in Cardiac Diagnosis Tests, has always been the "MUGA"-MultiGated Acquisition" Due to the fact the nuclear images are more precise in blood flow-Heart function-Ef%.

I would prefer am MRI as well, opposed to a "CT Scan with Contrast, however due to being a ICD recepient, that is totally out of the equation. Due to the "Magnetic Field" apprised with-in it,s parameters.

I hope that your Ef% is with-in the higher range than the broad spectrum of 20%-39% your latest Echo revealed. If not...as you know you will fall under the Guidelines of qualifying for an ICD.

Having said that...I hope this is not the case. But with your re-occuring "SOB-Chest Pains-Arterial Spasms" and extreme fatigue. I would feel much comfortable knowing you had the additional protection.

Also..It seems like you have a "Competent Cardiologist-Primary Care Physician" providing you with proper care. Opposed to the "Quack" ( in my opinion) that informed you years back that you were "Cured"

Please keep us updated as you can. I hope I haven,t devulged too much personal info, in your regards. If so...I apolgise in advance.

Your Pita-Cliff
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Go Back to Forum Home Page !

From a confidentiality point of view, please keep in mind that you are posting on a (World Wide Website) WWW Site. For more information, please see the HONCode information on our Index (Home Page).