Respond to this messageReturn
Original Message
  • MRI Scan
    • Janice (no login)
      Posted Jan 26, 2012 3:06 PM

Hi Cliff:
      I survived my MRI with no claustrophobia issues this time. The worst part was the noise of the machine and the length of time I had to hold my breath. I was in the machine for 1 1/2 hours, which I had really been dreading. It was a breeze this time. Possibly the 2 mg of Ativan I took just before had a bearing on this. But at least I didn't fall asleep, since I had lots of breath holding to do on command. They used contrast media for this as well. I
      think my cardiologist sees the MRI as the Gold Standard because she was going to do the MUGA if I didn't think I could do the MRI.

The tech couldn't or wouldn't tell me what my ejection fraction is. She told me that everything has to go through some analysis of various curvatures and that it usually takes a couple of weeks for the cardiologist to get the results unless they ask to receive them sooner. My thinking is that if my cardiologist isn't getting the results for a couple of weeks, things can't be all that bad and hopefully are quite positive.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Hugs,
      Janice
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Go Back to Forum Home Page !

From a confidentiality point of view, please keep in mind that you are posting on a (World Wide Website) WWW Site. For more information, please see the HONCode information on our Index (Home Page).