Money, Money, Money, Or lack of it!

by Jim McKay

Happy New Year Clansfolk!
Further to my wee story about The Duke of Argyll, in today's 'Daily Record' (Scottish daily newspaper) There appeared the following story - which I've shortened for obvious reasons!;

The Tower Of Love.
One of Scotland's most romantic Castles is being opened as a wedding venue at £10,000 a 'pop' (roughly, $15,000). The Duke and Duchess of Argyll want to pull in some extra cash following an extensive refurbishment. Built in 1745, the Castle which has 4 imposing Towers, sits on the banks of Loch Fyne in Argyll,amid spectacular scenery. It is Scotland's Fifth most visited Tourist attraction. Torquhil (the present Duke - NOT the one I met!) added, 'It won't be for everyone (I'm not surprised at $15k a 'shot'!) and maybe only for a few times a year - real one-offs'
To be fair, I love Argyllshire, I loved being an Argyll and Sutherland Highlander, but when I hear of the 'Landed Gentry' being down to the odd $60 to $100 Dollars - doesn't it make your HEART BLEED!! 'Sans Peur - Ne Obliviscaris' (I'll probably get sent to Argyll Hell for this!!)
There's not enough 'Postings' on the Forum, Cousins, keep Michelle, Scott and all the Gang BUSY!!
Kindest Regards to ALL, July 9th can't come quick enough. . . . . . .Daytona Beach Shores!!

Posted on Jan 11, 2010, 6:14 PM
from IP address 92.8.108.17

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Book. Jim McKay, Jan 11, 2010, 6:33 PM

Quantcast

Copyright 2003-2014, Clan Mackay Society USA Visit our website, ClanMackayUSA.org