AGM Follow-up

by John Grogan for Doug McCoy

Greetings everyone,

I want to give you an update following our 2015 Annual General Meeting, held this past Saturday at the Virginia Scottish Games and Festival in “The Plains, Virginia.” First of all, I want to thank our Mid Atlantic Regional Vice President, Dave McKay and his daughter Cate McKay for organizing this year’s AGM. The Games were some of the best I have ever attended. Because we were holding our AGM, Clan Mackay Society, USA was one of the Honored Clans, with all of the pomp and circumstance that goes along with being an Honored Clan.

Our National Treasurer, Charles Epperson and his wife were also in attendance. His report on the finances assured us of our continued financial security as a clan and gives us the support to continue our mission of promoting Scottish Heritage with an emphasis on Clan Mackay. I also want to take this opportunity to thank Charles for the outstanding job he is doing as Treasurer. By now I hope that all of the Lifetime Members have received a package from Charles, with several items included, as a thank you for your continued support. All new annual members are now receiving a memento of Clan Mackay, to acknowledge your support and membership. It was quite an undertaking for Charles to get this project completed and he deserves our gratitude.

I am also excited that our 2015 AGM produced new volunteer Commissioners. Rachel and Rebekah Jarboe, of Maryland; Claire Esker, of Illinois and Charles Hatchette, of Oregon. With the addition of these new Commissioners, we will be able to spread our heritage further, resulting in a growing family of clan members.

Thanks to each of our volunteers and all who attended AGM this year. We are already planning our AGM for 2016, which most likely will be held in Texas of the Central Region.
Manu Forti!
Doug McCoy

Posted on Sep 11, 2015, 9:55 AM
from IP address 107.198.68.115

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast

Copyright 2003-2014, Clan Mackay Society USA Visit our website, ClanMackayUSA.org