check with our officers

by Michelle Sandelier

Hi Reba!

I understand your disappointment at not finding a Mackay tent at the games. That was my experience when I attended my first Highland Game in Maine. Luckily we had a commissioner for the Maine Games, but unfortunately, she was taken ill suddenly and could not attend. I made an inquiry through the St. Andrews Society and got her address (Didn't yet know of the Mackay Society organization) and asked her if she would like for me to help her out the following year. I did and later became the Maine Commissioner when she retired. I went on to serve as Regional VP and finally National VP

James MacKay
7015 Palmetto Lane
Tampa, 33604-5127
(813) 988-3847

Is listed as the Florida Commissioner, but may not be able to attend all the Florida games. Contact him and ask if he needs help; perhaps later you might like to become a commissioner and set up a Mackay tent at the games he is un able to attend. Being involved it a great way to meet other Mackay's and to be part of promoting Scottish heritage in general and Mackay history in particular!

If you are not interested in becoming a commissioner at this time but would like to see a manned Tent at the Winter Springs games, contact:

Southeast Regional VP
Ellen Morgan
203 Lake Shore Drive
Interlachen, FL 32148

She is responsible for the oversight and coordination of your region. She and James recruit for commissioners as part of their duties.

Hope you do get a Mackay Tent for next years games at Winter Springs!

Michelle

Posted on Feb 4, 2016, 12:57 AM
from IP address 24.198.81.167

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Thanks. Reba Dimond, Feb 4, 2016, 9:23 PM
    1. You're Welcome. Michelle Sandelier, Feb 5, 2016, 12:49 AM

Quantcast

Copyright 2003-2014, Clan Mackay Society USA Visit our website, ClanMackayUSA.org