Welcome to the Penn and Teller bulletin board, a great place to keep in touch with fellow Penn & Teller fans or ask questions about the guys. We welcome your thoughts!

Return to P & T Homepage  

Question regarding Penn and Teller

August 24 2011 at 8:23 PM
  (Login leetabix)

Not sure if there are any admins on here who have contact with Penn and Teller), or if Penn and Teller themselves occasionally frequent here, however I thought I'd ask the following questions below which potentially only they would know. I did go to the show yesterday at the Rio (and was feet away from Penn in the VIP area during the pre-show music where he was playing on double bass) but didn't want to disturb them after the show as they were already being mobbed by hundreds of people waiting for photo opportunities, and I was only really interested in having a small chat with them, which wouldn't have been feasible at the aftershow. Anyhow, here's the questions I had:

1. Why does Penn paint only his fourth finger (something I picked up on while watching 'Fool Us' as I'm a UK resident and the show has been airing there)?

2. Have Penn and Teller heard about Derren Brown (a UK 'mentalist' I'm also a fan of, and met recently outside of the context of his filming activties), and what do they think of him in terms of his abilities, and his beliefs? I'd be interested to know as they seem to be along the same lines of being stage performers with strong aethiest beliefs, and also both tout against the numbers of charlatans around who make psychic/paranormal claims.

Hopefully you can understand that I didn't want to bother Penn and Teller at the time when far more people were just hoping for a quick photo/signature on their booklets happy.gif.

Many thanks,
James Johnson

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Question regarding Penn and TellerJennyNov 17, 2011, 3:16 PM
  Re: Question regarding Penn and TellerGopherFeb 28, 2012, 8:59 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement