Welcome to the Penn and Teller bulletin board, a great place to keep in touch with fellow Penn & Teller fans or ask questions about the guys. We welcome your thoughts!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to P & T Homepage  

7,500 people sell their souls to GameStation

May 12 2010 at 11:45 AM
Richard  (Login rlhamilton)

Given the high value that P&T and many others on this list place on their immortal souls, I thought the following news item might be of interest:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/15/online-shoppers-unknowingly-sold-souls/

The short version is that on April 1st video game retailer GameStation added an "immortal soul clause" to their online purchase agreement that granted them "a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul."

According to the article, 7,500 people accepted the terms (88%), which I suspect says more about the level of attention most folks pay to online agreements than their actual willingness to give up their souls to buy a video game.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kevin Quail
(Login rudolfo1)

What is that?

May 14 2010, 10:47 PM 

A veedeo game? What is dat? As a Luddite, I still get a thrill from my 3-dimensional globe, or, if you please, lifelike geographical representation of planet earth as seen from space only close up, except that the names and borders of the countries in Africa seem to keep changing according to who has the diamonds, gold or whatever or who the permanent members of the UN Security Council would most like to sell weapons to.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to P & T Homepage  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement