Welcome to the Penn and Teller bulletin board, a great place to keep in touch with fellow Penn & Teller fans or ask questions about the guys. We welcome your thoughts!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to P & T Homepage  

Gas Can Art

February 22 2012 at 11:26 PM
nate  (Login ntpring)

I was watching a tv a number of years ago, it could have been MTV Cribs, and Penn was showing a painting of a person checking a gas can with a lighter. I have always wanted to find out who this morbid artist is and how I can obtain a print. I'm sure if I hav the artist name I can find out more. Does anyone have Info? Please Help.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mofobabe
(Login Mofobabe)
Forum Owner

Re: Gas Can Art

February 24 2012, 5:54 AM 

Hi Nate,

I asked Penn about that. He asked:

" Was that the Playboy picture of me on fire?"

Let me know...

Sincerely,
Audrey

Webmistress:
The Web Home of Penn & Teller
Pennandteller.com

Respond to this message   
Nathan
(no login)

Gas Can Art

February 24 2012, 6:55 AM 

No it was actually a framed print (painting) of a man with a gas can and he was about to check the level of gas with a lighter. Kind of a piece of morbid art.

Respond to this message   
D (the other other one)
(no login)

February 25 2012, 12:50 PM 

Sounds remarkably like one of Texasartchick's paintings. Pity her gallery doesn't seem to be around any more, but if I recall rightly the chap in it has one leg over the other, he's got a gas can on the table and he's lighting a cig. Been a long time since I've seen it though, so I could be (very) wrong!

Respond to this message   
Mat
(no login)

April 16 2012, 12:28 PM 

You'd be thinking of "Half Full/Half Empty." It was in Teller's house seen in the Bravo profile.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoksoGBtpJ0 (See 1:29)

It was by Georgia Mayer. (spelling?) I'm not sure if she still lurks but she used to go by Texas Art Chick around these parts. Her site is currently "under construction" so I don't know if she's still active. She did all the paintings you see in that part of the video.

Respond to this message   
Texasartchick
(Login Texasartchick)

I'm Alive!

August 3 2012, 9:40 AM 

Hello!

Yep, the painting you're referring to is entitled "Half-empty, or Half-full?" and it's part of a short series of paintings I did called Evolution in Action. Teller purchased that painting from me, as well as several others, many moons ago.

Sadly, there are no prints available. But thank you so much for the wonderful compliment!

Texasartchick

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to P & T Homepage  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement