Well, a little excitement.

by Nicholasandra

Sandra spent the day in ER on Thursday - as a patient and not a C.O. Then went to the OR that night to have her appendix removed. She is slowly but surely recovering, but that isn't easy with 3 little boys who have stuck to her like glue since she came home. They didn't deal very well with the seperation while she was in hospital. She hasn't appreciated the number of our colleagues who comment on how unusual it was for her to have appendicitis because it usually occurs in YOUNGER patients. But, she was more concerned that the surgeon used staples instead of running sub-Q, and I can't wait to see what happens when I take her for her follow-up tomorrow. She took out her own staples on POD 3 and did it all with on of the boys sitting on her knee. Ya gotta love a woman like that!!
So an interesting Easter here, but luckily I have the next two weeks off for vacation so I will be around the house to help out.

Nicholas

Posted on Apr 18, 2001, 12:20 AM
from IP address 24.69.227.31

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on Medical SchoolCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
See you in September!