Owen Sound

by stx man (Login stx-man)

Haven't played Owen Sound Jrs yet, so that should be interesting. However, I expect to have a good game against Barrie, not coming out flat like we did on the Friday last time (friday nights are killer for those of us who aren't married/attached - only one sport that I do friday nights)

Fortunately, we play Warriors on friday night. Windsor was the team that literally cheated the last tournament's win from us, especially with Derush holding me back on a odd man rush with 2 min left, and then getting George (who turned around at the sound of stick on stick contact) to call offsetting penalties - giving Windsor a penalty shot, a two goal lead, and the game.
And all those uncalled picks, which were set clearly, with players actually stepping up to their picked targets and stopping (not even moving, which whitby does, and which is legal, so long as the attacker must drives his man into the pick for the pick to work )

So no problem getting ready for friday night this time. And the first guy who holds me back while I'm trying to get up the floor is getting a stick (either end) in the head or gut. First guy who tries to run over me on a cut is getting his feet swept out from under him. I've played three tournaments fairly, and came away from last tournament with 4 minutes of non-penalty penalties and an unsportsmanlike (my first in 13 years of box and field). We have one or two wins, and I am having fun. But now it's time to do what it takes to win - I'll still have fun, but you can bet other teams won't.

Those of you with weak ankles, you're going to see some interesting and perfectly legal defense this weekend (and it's not even penalizable, though some refs will call tripping if they see defender motion)

Sucks not to be on my team.
Good luck

Posted on Jul 25, 2002, 6:44 PM
from IP address 24.102.124.222

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Purpose of playing?. Sr. Laxgole, Jul 25, 2002, 7:27 PM
    1. Having fun. stx man, Jul 26, 2002, 1:44 AM
      1. Jeff...Get a Life!!!. CagedAnimal, Jul 26, 2002, 4:58 PM
        1. Re: Jeff...Get a Life!!!. Anonymous, Aug 21, 2002, 2:30 PM
  2. Don't be stupid.... toekneeye, Jul 26, 2002, 10:06 AM