<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Noah Wilmoth Randolph Co, VA and Barbour Co, WV

June 8 2014 at 8:11 AM
Teresa Wilmoth  (Login Twilmoth)

I looking for more information on Noah Wilmoth. I need to prove who his parents are to continue my line.

Jonathan Wilmoth B: 1789 VA D: 1870 WV
Noah Wilmoth B: 1817 VA D: 1900 WV M: Mary Phillips
George Washington Wilmoth B: 1845 VA D: 1929 WV M: Rebecca Jane Hooker
Elijah Albert Wilmoth B: 1871 WV D: 1948 WV M: Ellie Prudence Messman
Laco Howard Wilmoth B: 1894 WV D: 1976 OH

I have the book Wilmot-Wilmoth-Wilmeth and the book by Bosworth A History of Randolph County. These have talked about the four Wilmoth brothers James, John, Thomas and Nicholas. I worked back through the tree from my husband Ralph to his father Laco, and his father Elijah Albert, his dad George Washington, his dad Noah all of this is pretty well documented. I have Noah's second marriage certificate stating his father is Jonathan. I have not found a birth record for Noah born in Virginia. In the 1850 Barbour County, Va census Dist 5, Noah is living nearby Jonathan who is listed with a wife Patsa along with sons James, Riley, George W, and daughter Elizabeth. I do not have the marriage record of Jonathan and Patsa. In 1840 enumerated census there is a Noah listed in Randolph County, Virginia. Possibly he was on the border where the counties are divided so census changed his county.

Any help finding how to link this all together is appreciated.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
amy miller
(Login miller452015)

Noah wilmoth

May 3 2015, 3:37 PM 

I think i have a photo of Noah wilmoth. Wilmoth is my line from my mother side of her father side of his mother side laura Louise wilmoth is my grandfather mother. My grandfather name is george washington Irving skidmore. Della Marie skidmore is my mother.laura married waitman Thomas skidmore. laura is my mother grandmother. Amy miller

Respond to this message   
Ralph Wilmoth
(Login Rwilmoth)

Noah WIlmoth

January 8 2017, 1:18 PM 

Laura Louise Wilmoth was the sister to my grandfather Elijah Albert Wilmoth. I have very little information on his siblings. Or of Noah WIlmoth (Elijah's Grandfather). I saw where you may have a photo. I would like to obtain a copy if I may. If you are interested in an exchange of information please contact me. My email is ralphwilmoth@yahoo.com.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on GenealogyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Thank you for visiting us and please come back soon.