The Scott Mutter Forum at

Click the logo to return to the Museum's Home Page

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View Index  

Once upon a time, in the L.S.U. School of Music...

March 9 2002 at 10:11 PM
  (no login)

...I stole a glorious piece of art.
There wasn't much in this rarely used lounge- just an unused desk and a coke machine. On the beige wall, however, was the most extravagent thing I've ever seen-and it was hung there with ticky tack. No frame, just ticky tack. Needless to say I was outraged. I felt that it was not receiving deserved appreciation in the state that it was in. So, I took it home and framed it.
I showed everyone my cherished find- the work of (in my opinion) the most talented and daring artist.
To this day, 'The Eagle' is my favorite wall hanging, but I am officially an obsessed fan of all his work.

fluffytatortotandthenationalgravyboathateschocolate2the19thpower@hotmail.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Ooooooh, DARING!

May 29 2002, 11:49 AM 

Very few people that I know would've done that-I know I certainly wouldn't've had the courage to do such a bold, daring (and almost certainly "legally" crimminal) thing. Still, I have a couple of questions. Why would the original "The Eagle" be hung on some wall with just 'ticky tack'? (Do you mean 'STICKY tack'?) And wouldn't it be in a more important room than the one you described? Are you sure it wasn't just a copy, but the ORIGINAL?

Needless to say, though, I believe that Scott Mutter is one of the best artists (if not THE BEST ARTIST) out there.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Once upon a time, in the L.S.U. School of Music...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Photomontage by Scott Mutter Copyright © 2001 Scott Mutter. All Rights Reserved.
"American Museum of Photography" and the logo are Service Marks of The American Photography Museum, Inc.

The Scott Mutter Forum at

Click the logo to return to the Museum's Home Page