The Scott Mutter Forum at

Click the logo to return to the Museum's Home Page

Next Topic >>View Index  

WELCOME!

May 16 2001 at 4:29 AM
Wm. B. Becker  (Login wmb)
Forum Owner

Welcome to the Scott Mutter Forum!

Since the American Museum of Photography went online, it's been a goal of ours to present an exhibition of Scott Mutter's photomontages. I'm pleased that Scott has now selected us as the ONLY place on the internet authorized to display his work.

Having first met Scott Mutter when he began his photographic work in the 1970s, I've followed his career and been inspired by his creative imagery. So have many others: posters of his "Surrational Images" are among the most popular in the U.S.

As we begin this forum, I invite you to share your thoughts and ideas about these images. Is there one that speaks to you? One that doesn't? Photographs can trigger all sorts of emotions, but there is something about these images that gets people to pause--and think. What is it?

Bill Becker
Director
American Museum of Photography
www.photographymuseum.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Janette
(no login)

inspiring

April 11 2004, 1:26 AM 

I was just surfin the internet and i accidentally came across these marvelous photos. I dont know anythin about photography but I guess I do have any eye for good stuffs such as this. I hope that by the time I get the chance to build my own home I would still have the opportunity to get hold of all these wonderful creations of scott, it's quite inspiring & it gives u a certain sense of tranquility. Scott, ur work is indeed awesome!

Respond to this message   
connie
(no login)

fabulous/breathtaking

February 13 2007, 4:58 PM 

I BOUGHT THE ESCALATOR AND THE CHURCH AISLE FOR MY SON 2 YEARS AGO- THE IDIOT LEFT THEM IN HIS APARTMENT WHEN HE MOVED OUT- HE SAID HE TRIED TO GO BACK AND GET THEM-BUT HE HAD ALREADY LEFT THE KEY IN HIS APARTMENT- THE NEXT DAY HE CALLED THE COMPLEX AND THEY TOLD HIM TOUGH! THEY WERE JUST POSTERS- NOT SIGNED- BUT I HAVE MISSED THEM EVER SINCE.
SCOTT MUTTER IS ONE OF A KIND. YOU CAN TELL BY HIS PICTURES THAT HE IS A DEEP THINKER WHO FINDS A STORY IN EVERY IMAGE, NO MATTER HOW ORDINARY.

CONNIE KELLY, TX.

Respond to this message   

Next Topic >>View Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Photomontage by Scott Mutter Copyright © 2001 Scott Mutter. All Rights Reserved.
"American Museum of Photography" and the logo are Service Marks of The American Photography Museum, Inc.

The Scott Mutter Forum at

Click the logo to return to the Museum's Home Page