Home > Discussion Groups > Constructive Comments
 Return to Index  

Dragon 1/35 - T-34 Model 1940

May 17 2012 at 4:32 AM
Jelmer Ponjee  (Login jjp_nl)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 82.169.67.222

So, let me start with introducing myself. My name is Jelmer. I live in The Netherlands and since late 2009 Ive been getting back into building scale models. Getting back to it obviously means Ive done it before, albeit nowhere near the level I do it nowadays (airbrushes,weathering etc.) I used to be quite a bit into model building. My dad being an avid aviation enthusiast I used to see him work on some of his models back when I was a little kid, and when I was old enough I figured lets try this myself. Initially with some guidance of my old man, and in time all by myself I set out to build models. But, at some point I moved on to do other things and model building stuff was pretty much shelved. Come late 2009. As I was walking through town to get some groceries I walked past the small LHS I used to visit back in the day to spend money I eared doing odd jobs and, and I couldnt help but take a look inside. Yup you guessed it, the bug had once more done what it does best.

Long story short, I ended up building models of the things I used to build back in the day, which is aviation. I still consider aviation my core-business when it comes to building models, but over time I just felt like also trying something a little different. This where AFVs come into play. I was cleaning up my stash a little bit the other day, wanting to get rid of a few a/c kits I was unlikely to build, so I setup a little trade with a fellow model builder trading a few a/c kits for some AFV kits (a T-34 Mod1940, Panther A, a Crusader Mk.II all 1/35)

So, with that settled it was time to try and make it happen. Im aware of the fact that Im among experienced AFV modellers here who know a lot more about AFVs in general, and all the techniques and tricks involved in building them then I do, but I do hope to be able to show you guys how my first tank build is coming together. For the past few weeks I've been snooping around missing lynx, hyper scale and other places to look for other peoples builds and interesting tips and tricks and such to see what I might be able to use on this build, and sofar I'm pretty happy with how this has turned out sofar.

In this case its the Dragon 1/35 T-34 Model 1940. As far as I can tell an excellent quality kit that is not too complicated in terms of an additional load of Photo Etch parts and things like that, but a neatly detailed and well tooled up kit nonetheless. Ill let some of the pics of my build do the talking as of now. Note that it isnt quite finished yet, still lots of small things to take care of (still want to scratch build some towing cables and things like that)

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by jjp_nl from IP address 82.169.67.222 on May 18, 2012 5:26 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Impressive paintwork ! - Andrew Tomlinson on May 17, 2012, 4:23 PM
  3. Please use your full name when posting... - Adam Wilder on May 18, 2012, 5:14 AM
    1. Re: Please use your full name when posting... - Jelmer Ponjee on May 18, 2012, 5:25 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse