I got a quite a bit done over the last week. First the instrument panel was detailed up with some new dials from Archer's Dodge 3/4 truck set which required a new panel to be punched from plastic sheet. This was laid on the kits panel which was filed smooth. The Altemeter was just drilled . Resulting instrument areas were first painted black, then Archer transfers were used. If you havent tried thier "wet" application method, it works perfectly. I go a step further and brush a little Future in the area the transfer will go, then slide the transfer onto the future. Once dry, I punched some clear plastic for the glass and droped them in with more Future.
Here it is masked off (tape applied to some thin plastic, then punched, pealed off, and applied)
And here it is all painted up, with the rest of the placards placed. The Archer placards are a little oversized (or the kit part is undersized..) but that may be because the Archer set is designed for the AFV Club kits. Had to do a little research to figure out where stuff went for the closed top WC-54. Oversized or not, I still like the result and its light years ahead of the origional kit part.
and some other shots of work around the body... Jerry cans (Tasca), cleaning up and detailing the doors with new handles, and asembly of the body.
Started painting the interior. Yes, OD green interior, as I didnt find any photos of ones with white interiors, including restoration jobs. Even in black and white photos, its pretty clear that the inside was a "dark" color and not white, but I could be wrong...
I went ahead and hit the grill with my primer color (Floquil Brunswick Green) just to see what it looked like...
Next up is to build some new strechers and detail the interior with some gear. Then somehow figure out how to hang the streachers with the straps while securing the top! Once that is on, then its on to some final details, cleaning up the outside, and start painting the body! Cant wait to get those big Red Crosses on there.