This one has been sitting on the "to do" shelf for almost a year now, so I felt it was time to get started with it again.
The Swede's used a few of these vehicles during the early 1960's in the Congo. They were painted in an interesting "Blue with Black spots" cammo and named after some of the seven dwarves from Snow White. My vehicle will be named "Kloker" (Swedish for "Doc").
Before the long break, I scratchbuilt most of the interior since I wanted the challenge, and also because I felt that the old Academy interior didn't quite fullfill my wish for a little extra detailing.
After that, the model turned into a shelf queen, until now...
Verlinden's brand new M113 interior gave the project a much needed kick-start. This is a truly stunning set, and if I had started this project again I would probably not have bothered to scratch build the interior parts. However, now that I have, I will use a mixture of Verlinden parts and my own.
I did not use the Verlinden fuel tank since it is a later version than the fixed tank which was mounted in the early days of the M113.
The left inner wall is warped, but this will not be problem once it is glued down. All parts in the pics below are only dry fitted, and will be glued after painting. As you can see, I am still testing different radio configurations to see which I prefer.
Not all wiring is in place quite yet. I can't swear that all the cables are going where they should be going, but I am mainly trying to get a "busy look" to the interior of the vehicle (but at the same time trying to follow references as closely as possible).
I have posted some of these pics here in the past, but will do a quick recap below since that was a long time ago.
Original pictures from the Congo are posted by kind permission of SPHF (Swedish Armour Historical Society).
Thanks for looking!
Driver's seat and post:
Various interior components, including Verlinden parts:
Dry-fitted in the hull "bucket":