Home > Discussion Groups > Constructive Comments
 Return to Index  

Thanks !

March 16 2017 at 9:59 AM
David Nickels  (Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 65.33.79.222

Response to Nice!

The kit itself is really pretty sound. I would rate it about on par with the old Tamiya kit, if not a bit better in most areas. The deficiencies are pretty standard - lack of really fine detail, but a basic etch set would fix that. For the most part, what you get is all pretty good and accurate. There are four areas that may bother some people... The wheel hub detail is just a bit off. I think a big part of the problem is that the grease nipple in the middle is missing so there is just a hole. It would be easy to add a bit of plastic rod to represent the nipple. The side skirts are molded to the upper hull. This is okay if you want to make the tank with full skirts. Otherwise they would be very hard to remove. If you wanted to do so, I would recommend cutting them off horizontally across the top edge then rebuilding the bottom of the hull sides with thick plastic. The main gun including gun mantlet and muzzle brake are split into halves. This actually worked out okay and was not a problem with some careful assembly. But, a Panzer Art mantlet and RB barrel would fix this. The vinyl tracks are actually well detailed, soft, and fit well. But the way the four sections attach is very poor, sloppy and hard to hide since there are multiple joints and each joint is about 2 cm long. I used Spade Ace tracks as a solution.

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse