John Tolcher (Login JohnT4) Missing-Lynx members from IP address 184.108.40.206
I finished this project earlier this year. It is the Emhar 1/35 kit, with Accurate Armour tracks and various scratched details. As you may know the kit has a few errors, and not all were corrected here. For example the sponsoons are the wrong shape in plan, but to correct this required more effort than my mojo could spare. Anyway I hope you like it, comments welcome.
This message has been edited by JohnT4 from IP address 220.127.116.11 on Jul 4, 2012 6:13 PM
(Login SCORER67) Missing-Lynx members 18.104.22.168
Outstanding work !!!!
July 4 2012, 10:43 PM
....Well done John, that would have to rate as one of the best examples of the Emhar kit I've seen to date, the extra work you've done to detail what is a fairly basic kit is fantastic, and the paint finish... what can I say ? it's just superb, can you give us a brief run-down on the painting process please... I'm sure there's plenty of people out there with this kit that would love to know what and how you did it.
Never been a WW1 nut, but you've brought that alive !
Where is Tamiya's version ? - or other(!)
New Mil Mod has good article on the ex-Spielberg 'War Horse' film model re-creation, which moves around convincingly. Now with the Tank Museum, Bovington, going to to War and Peace Show this July. It looks great, very similar dirt to your superb model.
John Tolcher (Login JohnT4) Missing-Lynx members 22.214.171.124
Some progress photos.
July 5 2012, 3:25 PM
Thanks guys for your compliments, here are some progress images of the paint process.
The base coat was a khaki brown I mixed to resemble the colour of 'Lodestar III' in Brussels. The hairspray technique was used to chip, except I used AK Interactives Worn Effects fluid instead of hairspray.
Satin varnish, then some more Worn Effects fluid. Then a layer of acrylic paint mixed to resemble dust or dried mud was airbrushed in a light coat, and partially removed with a wet paint brush as per the usual hairspray technique.
This was followed by streaking, pin washes and general shading with oil paints.
These were the basic steps I followed. Each project is tackled differently, but for the last few builds I've used the hairspray technique for chipping, light layers of acrylics for dust/dirt, and various other effects using oil paints (inspired by Mike Rinaldi's Oil Paint Rendering technique).