Home > Discussion Groups > Constructive Comments
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Trumpeter's SU-152: a pictorial tweaks list - part 4

August 18 2012 at 10:56 AM
  (Login EelkeWarrink)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 86.84.150.122

It's time for the fourth instalment of my SU-152 tweak list, and the madness continues! The kit's mantlet had always bothered me a bit, and when I received a Tamiya ISU-152 I could finally compare it to the mantlet from that kit. The results were a little shocking, and I decided to modify the ISU mantlet and fit it to my SU.

I also started work on the running gear, and as you can see in the pictures, the sprockets are pretty crappy compared those from Trumpeter's earlier KVs. I wish Trumpeter would have used the CAD files from their other KVs for this kit; the new kits (SU-152, KV-1S, KV-85) are less refined in just about every aspect.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login dgawle)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Trumpeter's SU-152: a pictorial tweaks list - part 4

August 18 2012, 3:34 PM 

I always enjoy the workmanship in your posts, but I really have to say the sprue casting numbers are fantastic. You're a true master, thanks for sharing your work with us.

DG

Respond to this message   

(Login Chris1434)
Missing-Lynx members

Mantlet woes

August 18 2012, 6:45 PM 

I'm really intrigued by the mantlet issues. I have a spare one from the Tamiya kit, so I'm good to go.

However............. I know the SU-152 and the ISU-152 are very similar in so many ways, but is the mantlet actually the same?? I guess I'm a bit surprised that the mantlet was pretty well exactly the same, unmodified between the two different vehicles. I didn't realise that.

Chris

Chris Lloyd-Staples
MAFVA Information Officer
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login jayruggiero)
Missing-Lynx members

Su-152

August 19 2012, 8:40 AM 

I need a bigger hard drive! Fun to watch a craftsmen at work,I am just a kit assembler

Jay

Respond to this message   
Roman Volchenkov
(Login Bizarre616)
Missing-Lynx members

have you seen Bronco's test shots?

August 20 2012, 9:12 AM 

what do you think about it. the gun mantlet looks correct?

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=12286&mode=thread&order=0

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   

(Login EelkeWarrink)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks

August 22 2012, 2:31 PM 

Thanks for your replies, gents. Darren: thanks, you make me blush! Chris: the mantlets were almost the same, they differed only in small detail. The ISU also had cutouts on the mantlet's back plate to make it fit the ISU's different front plate. Roman: Bronco's mantlet looks fine. The contours appear good, but I'm not to keen on the texture.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Trumpeter's SU-152: a pictorial tweaks list - part 4
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse