Home > Discussion Groups > Constructive Comments
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

King Tiger, 1/35 Tamiya

February 25 2017 at 9:08 PM
Bryan Logan  (Login owlman2)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 104.220.52.228

This is a model of a hypothetical late war/final production King Tiger, it is not intended to represent any specific vehicle. It is mostly the Tamiya kit, with a lot of aftermarket brass and a few parts from the Dragon "late" King Tiger. In retrospect I should have just started with the Dragon kit, but I only dabble in armor and was not aware it was superior until I had a lot of time in the Tamiya one. Fruil tracks.

I tried very hard to limit weathering, as I figured any late war Tigers to see service would not have had very long to get trashed. I got kind of overwhelmed trying to determine likely painting patterns and colors for very late war German armor, and nothing seemed very definitive so I just played it safe with the "standard" colors.

Paint was mostly Mr. Color...with some Vallejo and weathering with oils and pigments.

Thanks for looking.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Brad Belsheim
(Login joshuapb)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice

February 26 2017, 9:30 AM 

So compared to one of the tidal wave of new kits how does the cost stack up with aftermarket stuff?

Respond to this message   
Bryan
(Login owlman2)
Missing-Lynx members

Well...

February 26 2017, 11:10 AM 

I made some poor initial decisions and kind of wasted money on this build. I started the Tamiya kit and once well underway realized I needed the Dragon kit for the late drive sprockets and a few other parts. So I could have skipped the Tamiya kit altogether and just used the Dragon kit as a basis. I still would have bought the Fruil tracks, and probably most of the aftermarket brass as well, so I would say the newer kit would not have saved a ton of money.

Not sure about something like the Meng KT though....not sure what it includes and whether any aftermarket stuff would be needed.

Respond to this message   
Andrew Tomlinson
(Login AndrewTomlinson)
Missing-Lynx members

Lovely subtle paint job.

February 28 2017, 4:53 PM 

Hi
And the exhausts and top panel shading looks interesting too.

Cheers
Andrew

Respond to this message   
Scottie
(Login scottie158)
Missing-Lynx members

Nicely done

February 27 2017, 12:51 PM 

Very nicely done I'm working on the Academy version, if it works out half as well as this one I will be very happy.

Scottie

Respond to this message   
jerry rutman
(Login jrutman53)
Missing-Lynx members

Great lookin cat. I really like the

March 1 2017, 9:37 AM 

colors you picked out.
J

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use