Home > Discussion Groups > Constructive Comments
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Academy Tiger ll

March 14 2017 at 3:34 PM
Scottie  (Login scottie158)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 78.149.87.197

Hello This is my first attempt at the 3 colour ambush scheme. I used Tamyia paints and oils to do the streaking and weathering.

let me know what you think good or bad.

Scottie

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by scottie158 from IP address 78.149.87.197 on Mar 14, 2017 3:47 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
David Nickels
(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

Looks nice although I would

March 15 2017, 11:07 AM 

Make the dots much, much, smaller.

Respond to this message   
Scottie
(Login scottie158)
Missing-Lynx members

spots

March 15 2017, 3:36 PM 

Hi David,

Thanks for the feed back, I thought they were to big they are also not a uniform size as I wasn't really sure how to do them. they where put on with a blob of bluetac on a stick next. Next time I will try and make a mask and spray them but I was trying to get a hard edge. If there is a way of doing them let me know and I will try that next time.

Many thanks
Paul

Respond to this message   
David Nickels
(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

I just hand paint them (pic)

March 15 2017, 7:18 PM 

I hand paint the spots but then I hand painted the hard-edge camo pattern as well. I didn't feel like masking the whole tank and Vallejo colors brush paint beautifully. I just went back and added the spots after the base colors were all done. Actually, aside from the dark yellow, the whole model is hand painted.

[linked image]

This is the new Revell/ICM Tiger which is a little bit earlier production wise than the Academy kit. Overall, while simple, it is a very nice kit and not hard to build.

Respond to this message   
Scottie
(Login scottie158)
Missing-Lynx members

hand paint

March 16 2017, 4:33 PM 

looks good I will have to have another go on another build and get the dots smaller. cheers for the feed back

Respond to this message   
Rynn Sparks
(Login TwoFortyZ)
Missing-Lynx members

Looks nice

March 15 2017, 2:22 PM 

I really like the color tones you've used. Take some more photos, and have a helper or make a stand to hold up white poster board off the sides of the model to fill in more light.

Respond to this message   
Scottie
(Login scottie158)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks

March 15 2017, 3:38 PM 

Hi Rynn,

many thanks for the feed back glad you like it, your right it is a bit dark I keep saying I will build myself a proper booth but the white card is a good idea thanks.

Paul

Respond to this message   
Steve Pilbeam
(Login StephenPilbeam)
Missing-Lynx members

Great colour tones.

March 16 2017, 3:35 PM 

Hi Paul, great looking cat. Nice looking camo and colour tones. Have you cracked the larger picture thing yet? I feel a bigger image would enhance the look of your good work? Cheers Buddy.

Respond to this message   
Scottie
(Login scottie158)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks

March 16 2017, 4:25 PM 

Hi Steve,

Many thanks mate glad you like it. the scheme is not 100% correct for one things the dots are to large and irregular in size. But I am happy with it for a first attempt. As to the pictures now still not sure I will have to have another look at how to size them. Thanks again I value your feedback.

Paul

Respond to this message   
David Nickels
(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

Still looks nice

March 16 2017, 4:57 PM 

I screwed up a King Tiger recently so you got farther along on the paint than I did. Camouflage schemes always take some practice and this is not the easiest one to do.

My King Tiger photos were done outside. The sun was a bit bright that day, but I don't have any other place or lighting to use. Normally, though, I get good results using the bottom of a white cardboard kit box as a backdrop and another box to sit the kit on for the photos.

Respond to this message   
Scottie
(Login scottie158)
Missing-Lynx members

Picture

March 16 2017, 5:08 PM 

I need to practice my photography as I never get them quite right.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse