Home > Discussion Groups > Constructive Comments
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Some progress shots on Takom's King Tiger....

March 20 2017 at 12:21 PM
Ron Petrosky  (Login orvis47)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 108.215.131.65

Some shots of Tacom's Porsche turret king tiger interior as a break from my aircraft modeling. Everything out of the box. I took some liberties with the interior colors and ammo colors to break up the monotonous cremeweiss and rotbraun. These days I build more for the fun of the build than the accuracy of the final product. Heresy I know but there it is! Notice among other things I installed the elevation parts upside down. Fun changing this after everything was put together! (NOT). Great kit but follow the sequence of assembly laid out in the instructions. I got cute and ahead of myself and paid later taking things apart to install something before or after it was supposed to be installed. As always, amazing work here you people are an inspiration.
Best Regards, Ron

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by orvis47 from IP address 108.215.131.65 on Mar 20, 2017 11:27 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Cesare
(Login cecetotoy)
Missing-Lynx members

About projectilles...

March 20 2017, 12:58 PM 

what colors did you use for the shells
Thank you.
Cesare
http://cecetotoy.blogspot.it/

Respond to this message   
Ron Petrosky
(Login orvis47)
Missing-Lynx members

Hello Cesare....

March 20 2017, 11:05 PM 

The grey cases are a mixture of AK "grey base", "polished metal" and Vallejo's "London grey". The greenish grey cases are AKs "Olive green opt 2", "Bright Green" and "Cremweiss". The brass is Humbrol's Brass. I looked on the internet and found these three colors for the cases and tried to match as close as I could. On AFV modeler I found an article by Liejon Schoot, I believe, the steel cases were sintered these colors, other than the brass cases, and some pictures.

Best Regards, Ron

This message has been edited by orvis47 from IP address 108.215.131.65 on Mar 20, 2017 11:25 PM

Respond to this message   
Dave Coyne
(Login dcoyne333)
Missing-Lynx members

Lovely bit of work Ron

March 20 2017, 1:35 PM 

Great looking interior and a fine paint job to match. People complain about the ammo and brackets coming as one part. but i think it makes it easier to paint.
Thanks for posting.

Dave.

Respond to this message   
Ron Petrosky
(Login orvis47)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi Dave....

March 20 2017, 11:15 PM 

Agreed. Only thing I would do differently is to spray the whole lot Cremweiss first and hand paint the ammo. I hand painted both and had to resort to an old jar of Floquil Military Colors' Cremweiss (Panzer interior buff) because the AK without a primer kept beading up on the plastic. I guess the complaint I have is that the decal stenciling on the cases is pretty useless on most of the ammo because the brackets interfere.
Thanks for your kind comment!
Ron

Respond to this message   
BradMain
(Login BradinBC)
Missing-Lynx members

Very nice Ron..Progress is really amazing. nt

March 29 2017, 5:40 PM 

/
"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

Respond to this message   
Ron Petrosky
(Login orvis47)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Brad, now for the....

March 31 2017, 12:12 PM 

Weathering. Scary! You folks here set a very high, almost astronomical standard. Reading books and purchased some new AK and Vallejo weathering products so we'll see. Problem when you are building aircraft, science fiction stuff, armor. By the time you get around to building a model in one of those categories you forget what you learned the last time! LOL Don't want to weather too much. Not a big fan of the rusted, bent and broken school regardless if it is accurate.
Thanks for that very kind comment, Ron

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse