K.T. Oslin

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Read This
    • KTO Fan (no login)
      Posted Feb 7, 2001 9:35 PM

I'm not sure how familiar you folks are to some of the radio station formats but I want to tell you about this particular station/stations. There is a radio station that Broadcasts from Dallas, Texas. What they do is air their broadcast through several smaller stations across the country. Where I live I can get this from 2 stations that are probably 80 miles apart. The local station cuts in with the local news, weather and high school ballgames but all of the music comes from Dallas. Most people do not realize that the DJ's are not sitting at the local radion station. I suspected this about 10 years ago. I called them and ask where they were from and the female DJ laughed and said that she was suppose to say "your home town" then added " but your too smart for that... we are out of Dallas." When Cornell Crawford was released as a single this same DJ laughed and said "sorry its not a hit!!" Then added " You know it is funny but it won the Country Challenge on one of the other stations last week here in Dallas but we are not going to play it." Now remember this was 10 years ago.

What really makes me mad is that this particular "outfit" (for lack of a better word) pretty well dominates what the other stations around here play. I have actually had 2 other DJ's from other stations ask me if this "outfit" was playing the song I requested. One went so far as to say that they follow this other station as to what they play.

Last week LIVE CLOSE BY was on the "outfit's" Country Challenge. Of course it lost... so did Brooks & Dunn. What makes me aggitated is that they put LIVE CLOSE BY up against songs that they have been playing for awhile. I'm sorry but it takes a few times for most songs to catch on. I didn't hear the challenge but Sunday they told who the winner was for the week and who the Challengers were.

Anyway we need to launch an attack on these people...
      they have a toll free number to call... it is hard to get through but it we all start calling maybe we can do something.

The number is 1-800-457-6647. Call them anytime during the day or night when you think of it. Catfish is one of the morning DJ's.

Good Luck

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on Country WesternCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    K.T. Oslin: The Diva of Country Music