K.T. Oslin

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE K.T. CD?

August 24 2000 at 3:53 PM
No score for this post
Bobbie  (no login)

did anyone ever find out if K.t is still with SESAC? i dont think they wouldve dropped her. maybe it was a misprint.
I just would like to know, what is yalls favorite K.T. cd? i love them all really.....but im just curious. i really love the last one " my roots.."
i love her voice, so basically anything she sings is fine with me. lets hope that shes able to drop by sometime..it would cool to have a webchat with her. i know alot of us would make it a date to be on that nite!! she might be overwhelmed with all our questions!!! Lol..

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Web Chat

No score for this post
August 24 2000, 6:27 PM 

KT did do a web chat. It was hosted by People Magazine on Compusa. I was there . I beleive the transcript might still be posted at the people web site. Probably www.people.com, not sure tho, has been a while.
Marilyn

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(no login)

Web Chat

No score for this post
August 24 2000, 6:33 PM 

bobbie
(no login)

ooh thats right i forgot!!

No score for this post
August 24 2000, 7:31 PM 

hi marilyn!! long time no talk!! i do remember that but unfortunely i missed it. i would to have loved to talk to K.t. even if it was thru the computer via keyboard!!! maybe she will do another one sometime!!

(no login)

I got the link

No score for this post
August 25 2000, 2:35 PM 

Yeah she did, I have the link on my KT Links page. Bobbie you might wanna try to see if SESAC has a webpage, I think they do, you might can find it on yahoo. SESAC could have something on their page about her, who knows!

My favorite CD of KT's is "Love in A Small Town"! That is just genious how KT recorded an entire CD with songs revolving around the theme of a small everyday town! I mean everyone knows someone in their town just like a character in each of those songs! That also makes those songs more relatable than really any other Country songs ever! The songs "Still On My Mind" and "New Way Home" still give me chills! I love this CD and if KT's writing now is as good or better as it was 10 years ago, we're in for one hell of a good album in 2001 from her!

Marilyn
(no login)

Hi Back

No score for this post
August 25 2000, 5:57 PM 

Hi Back Bobbie!. Yep, been a while. Since KT isn't doing much I haven't been doing much either. Nice to see things starting to happen again.

bobbie
(no login)

thanks!!

No score for this post
August 25 2000, 6:16 PM 

your right!! ill check the net and see if they have one. see we all help each other.. thats cool.
ill check it and see what it says and report it back anything i find out!! your ace K.t.reporter!!lol

Brien
(no login)

Favorite?

No score for this post
August 27 2000, 12:04 AM 

Favorite? They're all the best albums out of country music!
I guess I would have to agree with Jonathan's choice of "Love In A Small Town". It does show K.T.'s artistry doing an album with one underlying theme(I think they're called "concept albums"). The characters in those songs are so real that by the end of the cd, you feel like you know them. My favorite song from 'Love' would have to be "Still On My Mind" for personal reasons. I was still a teenager then, but that song helped me out of a dark spot in my life(you know- that 1st love thing). "My Roots Are Showing" is unbelievable, as far as showing K.T.'s versitality.I really love them all. My favorite song(I'm not even for sure if she wrote it or co-wrote it) is "Get Back In The Saddle" on "Sex Bomb", it's music arrangement gives me chills. The harmonica at the beginning mixed with the strings and K.T. whispering "I remember it well"-Gosh, I love that! I always play that song over and over through out the fall of the year because the sight of leaves scattering about on the road around dusk time flatters K.T.'s voice greatly.
What is your favorite K.T. song?

Brien
(no login)

Blank transcript

No score for this post
August 27 2000, 12:20 AM 

I went to that link and all I got was a blank page except for an ad banner....

(no login)

Get back In the Saddle

No score for this post
August 27 2000, 12:25 AM 

That is my all time favorite KT song, even though its not on "Small Town." I have the "Austin City Limits" concert video where she sings that and its a total different arrangement, very very blues, its even better! The message of that song is so real! I'm 20 and me and all my friends have lived that song. Hell anyone who has ever been in High School has lived that song! I think that with so many teenage Country fans today, that song would be a hit if it was released, maybe not on Country radio, but maybe AC and Top 40 radio, it'd definitly crossover. I sing that song around my house all the time, it's one of the all time best songs in recorded music in my opinion. She didn't write it, but it sure sounds like she did!

(no login)

get back in the saddle.. great message..

No score for this post
August 27 2000, 9:11 PM 

i agree.. that is a great song. the message is great. not just about love, but life in general.and she sings it so well, you wouldve never known she didnt write it.the whole song is so beautiful. i listen to it all the time!! its helped thru me alot of rough times..
i really love all of her music really. too bad radio doesnt give her a chance. she has better music on all her albums together than half the stuff on the radio now.. atleast her songs have meaning.
brien, you asked about SESAC? well on their homepage, under writers shes not listed!! thats why we were questioning if she was still with sesac thats all. i emailed them to see if it was an oversight? i havent gotten answer yet, but i emailed them friday afternoon..so...

KTO FAN
(no login)

One of My Favorites

No score for this post
August 27 2000, 10:09 PM 

One of my favorite songs K.T. sang was My Legionaire. It was on the Edith Piaf Tribute Album. Her vocals on that song is out of this world... I think Brien would like this one very much.

(no login)

My Legionnaire

No score for this post
August 28 2000, 5:04 PM 

I love that song! I tried to put the lyrics up a few months ago but they didn't save for some weird reason and I haven't had the time to type them again...thats a long ole song!!
I hope KT sings a song or 2 like this on her new CD! I would love another one like her song from "A Thing Called Love" called "I Don't Remember Your Name" Now that was a clever and very Country song! I loved it! I hope she has more of this great stuff up her sleeve!

Brien
(no login)

intrigued

No score for this post
September 10 2000, 3:48 AM 

I was intrigued with the titles on the BMI sight that Bobbie told about. "Wanda" and "Maybe We Should Learn To Tango" sounds interesting as far as titles go. But you know K.T.'s style, there's no telling what she'll end up doing since she's one of those artists that can do any style of music. I just HOPE and PRAY that radio will welcome something from it. I'd love to see K.T. pick up a few more awards. She deserves much more recognition for being that damn good! I just had an idea:
On the day or day before the new cd is to be released, everyone needs to call all of your local country radio stations and make a comment on the new cd and ask if they intend to please the public by playing something from it(or something like that)...We could get a few more people in on it by asking friends to also call in. We could make a difference if we had enough people to do it...Tell me what you think.

Brien

bobbie
(no login)

i would do it in a heartbeat!!

No score for this post
September 16 2000, 4:01 PM 

i totally agree..we never know what to expect from K.T. but thats why we like her. totally a breath of fresh air compared to some of these singers today..
i will do anything i can to help promote this upcoming album.. spring 01? boy i cant wait that long!!! but fer her, sure... why not!!

(no login)

This Woman - Album

No score for this post
September 21 2000, 7:55 PM 

Does anyone remember this album?It had a song on it "I'm So Jealous". I have searched all over for it. Does anyone know where I can get it???

Current Topic - WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE K.T. CD?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Country WesternCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
K.T. Oslin: The Diva of Country Music