June 29 2001 at 5:29 PM
No score for this post
KTO Fan  (no login)

This is from: countrystandardtime.com
I found this very interesting.....

K.T. Oslin
Live Close By, Visit Often, 2001
BNA
K.T. Oslin is a very sexy lady and this is a sexy CD. The problem (and it's our problem not K.T.'s) is that she's an "Eighties Lady," old enough to be somebody's grandmother, and we are really uncomfortable with grandmotherly sex. And most other mature relationships.
If we were more open-minded, perhaps we could enjoy the title song (from a quote about the ideal relationship from another sexy older and wiser woman, Katherine Hepburn). Perhaps the raw emotion of songs like "A Moment of Forever" and "Drivin', Cryin', Missin' You" and the bad girl antics of "Neva Sawyer" wouldn't make us squirm so.
So let's leave ageism out of this. Listen to Oslin's redo of Rosemary Clooney's "Come On-A My House." In Clooney's hand this was a mildly risqué novelty song. K.T. slows it down and torches it up and all of a sudden it's hotter than anything you'll hear on the radio this summer, proving once again that old songs - like old ladies - can stay sexy for longer than we give them credit.
- Robert Loy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lynn
(no login)

Hmmmmm.....

No score for this post
June 29 2001, 9:56 PM 

Yeah....I'd say it's SMOKIN'!!! LOL
Very interesting angle to write a review from! Glad he LIKES it....!!!!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Brien
(no login)

sexy review

No score for this post
July 3 2001, 2:18 PM 

I'd say he's perfectly hit the nail right on the head. The age-ism should be left out. I personally find K.T. the sexiest lady in country music and I'm a "just turned 25". I will have to say that it makes a lot of people uncomfortable when I talk about K.T.'s sexiness, and once it got me in big trouble with an older next door neighbor who decided to get it in her head to chase me after I made my remark. It wasn't an age thing, she just didn't look anything like K.T., and it was a big turn off(yuck would be the correct word.) I think it's all in the personality, but you have to admit K.T.'s got some killer legs, and that face just says Raquel Welch Sexy all over it.
True, LCBVO could be partaken as a sexy album. But there's so many paths and turns and crevices on each of K.T.'s recordings that you could call them all a million different things. But I would include "sexy" as part of them.

My wish for the day is that I could get hold on the full length recordings that K.T. did on the covers medley(Only Boy,Mean To Me, Thing Called Love) Each was recorded as an entire song before she mixed them. Maybe BNA will release them as the bonus tracks on future singles or on import albums. The only imports I have found are the Come Next Monday 12" record, and a few cd singles. I would absolutely kill for the ROOTS german album. Yes, it's on cd,cassette, mini disc, and vinyl! I'd love it!

Well, back to K.T. and her sexiness. She's the bomb, knows she's the bomb, and everyone else in Nashville is jealous just because their husbands think she's sexy. All I've got to say is, "You go, you sexy thing!"

Anonymous
(no login)

German Roots

No score for this post
July 3 2001, 2:46 PM 

What's different about the German ROOTS album?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Country WesternCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
K.T. Oslin: The Diva of Country Music