K.T. Oslin

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Wynonna to make Opry Debut

August 22 2001 at 9:00 PM
No score for this post
Jonathan  (no login)

I just found this out about Wynonna and since alot of you are Wy fans too I thought you'd be interested. On Sept 15 Wynonna will make her DEBUT on the Grand Ole Opry on its new time on CMT and be broadcast Live! I didn't know that Wynonna has never been on the opry. She never even was on it with her mom as the Judds when she was 100% Country! Thats a total shock seeing how the Opry likes family groups so much!! I just read about this on Country.com. Anyway, thats just sad that only NOW after the Judds big days and Wy's solo big days, that NOW she makes her debut on the opry!! Thats just twisted! I'll be watching though! Since she isn't really Country anymore it'll be interesting to see what she performs since its a real Country show!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bobbie
(no login)

bout time!

No score for this post
August 23 2001, 10:05 AM 

its about time!!! where have they been? wynonna is great.
has K.T. ever been on the opry?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Brien
(no login)

I was wondering that too.

No score for this post
August 23 2001, 2:49 PM 

I've never heard anything about K.T. being on the Opry. Ofcourse, K.T. is more stylistic so she's more of The Tonight Show and Carnegie Hall material than the Opry. Still, it would be a great way for the rest of the country music community to show their respect and gratitude to ask her to be on the Opry.

KTO Fan
(no login)

Opry Once

No score for this post
August 23 2001, 9:25 PM 

She was on the Opry one time! Have it on tape somewhere. She was on Hee Haw too!!!

Jonathan
(Login ctryfan)
Forum Owner

WOW!

No score for this post
September 17 2001, 1:26 PM 

I saw Wynonna's debut on the Opry this past weekend on CMT. It was amazing!! She did a rocked up version of "No One Else on Earth" and a tear-jerking performance acapella of "How Great Thou Art" with her 3 soulful backup singers (who are the same back up singers KT used on her new CD). I taped but but the stupid thing messed up in recording. But Wy was incredible on her debut Opry performance!

Also at the opening of the show Bill Anderson sang a song he wrote called "God Bless America Again" that is a tribute to the strength of this Country and how its gonna rely on God's strength to help us.

Man I wish my VCR hadn't screwed up, ugh! Anyway it was an amazing show!

BOBBIE
(no login)

K.T. didnt fit hee haw...

No score for this post
September 17 2001, 6:17 PM 

I have that Hee Haw episode on tape. I had a hard time,seeing K.T. on that show she is so chic and cool. she wore a red shirt, red leather skirt. i dont know but she didnt look like she was having a good time. i guess k.t. will have to tell us....
I missed Wynonnas debut. i love Wynonna. people are afraid of artists like her and K.T. because they can look outside the lines, and try something diffrent. freaks country music out..so what do they do? they ignore them.. they cant handle their creativity because it wasnt THEIR idea...i say more power to Wynonna and K.T. !! THEY ARE THE ARTISTS!! the others are singers..theres a big diffrence.. anyone with a voice can be a SINGER... but to be an artist is like a whole nother ball game. i can go around my house and sing and say im a singer.. I promised i won't mention any names..

bye for now..

Current Topic - Wynonna to make Opry Debut  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Country WesternCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
K.T. Oslin: The Diva of Country Music