<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

So you think this is Hilarious???

September 21 2009 at 9:45 PM
John Buttz from Longmont, CO  (Login zaddek)
from IP address 24.8.132.159

From your Web page about traveling in New Jersey:

"We distinctly remember this place because it is close to the hilariously-named town of Buttzville, New Jersey. Buttzville! Ha ha ha ha ha! You gotta love the name of that town! happy.gif

Inside the restaurant. Bernie and I told the friendly young man behind the counter about how we were here about 17 years ago and our amusement with the town name of Buttzville down the road. He immediately chuckled and agreed with the humor of it all! :p)"

Since this town, as well as Buttzville, ND was named by my ancestors perhaps you'd be interested in a little history of our family. The name derives from Butzbach, Darmstad, Germany and 3 brothers who owned a vineyard there and immigrated to the US in 1727. One of these brothers resided in Pennsylvania and fought in the Revolutionary War and is recognized as a "patriot" by organizations who keep such records(DAR, SAR). Buttzville, NJ was founded by his grandson.
Over the many subsequent years the family has grown greatly and featured a number of prominent people throughout the USA, tho I know of no one who still lives in the Buttzville towns. These towns are little more than artifacts of the past and rural America. Buttz (and the alternative spellings of Butz and Butts) are not even very uncommon anymore...although most are not in my direct line.

We are still growing...and are in Colorado :p)!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Colorado Guy! :)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

Wowwee! Very good to meet you!!! ...

October 4 2009, 8:35 PM 

Thanks for all the information about your family... so neat! Bernie and I had such a fun time in Buttzville, NJ. happy.gif

-Steve
www.ColoradoGuy.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement