CNA Forum

Forum For CNA's and those who care about their work
This forum is open to everyone; no flaming or trolls allowed. Messages deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

Return to Index  

Bingo!

April 16 2006 at 12:28 AM
Ajaxkid 

Response to re: Hospitals...

Yes, you are talking about a whole facility in which its training and focus is on preventative measures as opposed to, say, untrained family members who may be ignorant of such things... not to mention the fatigue that comes with caring for someone in a compromised condition (i.e. too damn tired to turn Grandpa every two hours in bed after working with him all day).
The worst decubes I ever saw were on a skeletal old gal who was contracted into a fetal position and had decubes on each hip that you could put your whole fist into. She came from home. Watching the nurses change her packing was like watching a magic show. The packing just kept coming and coming and coming. We almost had her healed when she died.
As for hospitals, I say it's the same as nursing homes... it just depends on which ones and the standards they maintain. However, they do not have the excuse of ignorance.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement